How can you tell if baby has reflux

you will know. baby will randomly projectile vomit for no reason, whether they have just fed or not. I thought mine had it, and my mom told me no, I would know if she had it, and that it royally sucks cuz they just projectile vomit without warning

there are two types of reflux: silent reflux and regular reflux.

Regular reflux is pretty severe projectile vomiting pretty much the entire contents of the bottle, poor weight gain, failure to thrive etc.

Silent reflux is acid reflux where the contents rise up the throat but dont come out, you can hear them "swallowing" constantly, they arch their backs during feeds, cry, try to take some milk then do the same all over again, because its painful to feed. Also silent refluxers tend to have excessive gas, sneeze a lot and have hiccups a lot.

:flower:

nessicle pretty much explained it all but one thing i want to add, is baby will take milk thinking they want it just to get the acid back down into the stomach but then they end up vomiting the milk back up. because they actually were full!

Does anyone know what you should do if you think your baby has it? I don't think my HV believes in it... And those posts have just described our lo to a T. She makes a funny noise that sounds like she has acid in her throat and it hurts, and she also vomits between, during and after feeds. Not possiting. She also doesn't settle too well, seems to be hungry as she has just thrown up half her boob / bottle milk. But it will take her all day to eat, fussing etc. And it seems to be hard to wind her.

Also, as she is sick sometimes when she is asleep in bed, I'm worried about lying her one her back. :(

Take LO to the GP if you think she has it.
Also my LO suffers from it and i lay her on her side in the cot with a blanket rolled up and put behind her so she cant roll flat on her back.
X

yes GP and tell them you want to try infant gaviscon and if that doesnt work ask them for ranitidine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->