how can you tell

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by melissa22, Apr 17, 2009.

1. melissa22

melissa22 Mummy Liam and bump

i know this is a really silly question but how do you know when ur little one is hungry? past few days my little on has been having his 4oz bottle and we can only just get him to finish that, after about 10min he's crying and i'll give him his dummy and he proper chomps away on it, could he be wanting more? im just unsure as we can only just get him to finish the 4oz bottle and its taking an hour xx :hugs:

2. x-li-x

x-li-x Me & Hubby + 3 :)

you could just try him with a couple oz's wen he starts crying again to see if hel take it, there no harm in trying and if he doesnt take it u no hes not hungry n just likes chomping on the dummy. xx

3. melissa22

melissa22 Mummy Liam and bump

if he did take the couple of oz would he be due the next bottle from this one or the first? if that makes sense lol x

4. x-li-x

x-li-x Me & Hubby + 3 :)

do it from the 2nd one, you might find he wants small amounts more often. he will let you no when he wants next bottle by crying and if he doesnt, then after say 4 hrs(i think thats how often they're ment to feed or so my hv told me) u could try him with another bottle, dont force him if dont want it, leave him a bit then try again. thats what i had to do with logan , he was so difficult when it came to feeding. let me know how he goes.xx

5. passengerrach

passengerrach mummy to kai

he may want more or could it be from wind that hes screaming?

6. claire-lou

claire-lou Jack & Martha's Mummy

That is like Jack I can never get him to burp straight away.

Offer more hun he'll either refuse it or sick it back up if he doesn't need it

7. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

archie chomps his dummy really bad when he has trapped wind or bellyache..he usually spits it straight out and screams if hes hungry

8. tiggertea

tiggertea Mum of Two

I changed Abbie's teats to vari-flow instead of stage 1 (tommee tippee) and it worked wonders. Feeding time has gone from 1hr+ to 15-20mins :happydance:
    It could be your LO is tired from sucking that he doesn't take as much food as he actually needs/wants?

That coupled with a milk-change from Cow and Gate to SMA has settled her into a proper feeding routine.

Could be worth having a think about making small changes like that?