How could I let that happen??

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
So aidan was down for his afternoon nap and I wasy busy with the landrey up and down stairs putting the clothes waway etc. And I heard him wakeup, he wanst crying just babbling to him self. So I thought Ok just do this last bit and I will go and get him. Anyway just about to put the last of the clothes away and h started to cry. So I went to get him. What met my eyes I could have cried for him. He had taken his nappy off and he must have done a poo, he had poo all over his cot and all over him. So I picked him up wiped him own the best I could ran him a bath and washed him and his hair. Then let him play in his room with me whilst I washed down his cot. Luckly the part of the matteres it had gone through too has a detachable part so I went and shoved that and all the bedding in the wash. And now he is sat on my lap with a biscuit and some juce. he doesnt seem fased at all but its my fault for it happening I mean what if had put in his mouth

:cry: i feel like I have let him down.

Thats not your fault, tihngs like that can happen as you said he probably got it off. I remember running upstairs to get william a nappy once and he was in his pram and within that minute he pooed and got it all over himself. Your not like a bad mum you know.

Aww bless him! I wen't round my friends house once and her little girl had been asleep in her cot, woke up and not made a sound, my friend checked on her to find her with her nappy off, poo all over her hair, face, hands and she was giggling away!

You've not let him down hun x

Awwww babe dont feel bad, my son was always doing that at about 18 months old. Infact he used to put his hand in the side of his nappy and pull it out and smear it on his cot. It was disgusting but we dont have eyes in the back of our heads and boys will be boys lol xxx

Lol don't worry yourself hun, I'm sure this happens to all babies at least once, my mum has pics of my brother on his changing mat COVERED from head to toe in poo and we look back and laugh! X

I know so many people that is going to shout at me. I know most babies do it but my OH is going to go mad
xx

dont feel bad like others say it cud happen to anyone, cud happen thro the night if he woke n u were asleep :hugs: xx

dont tell him !! wait till he does it 4him !! xx

Its not your or LOs fault these things happen and it prob wont be the last accedent that happens...dont feel bad its one of those things.
*hugs*

I remember Mollies 1st dirty protest, i could have cried.

Dont worry chick, most of us have been there. Hes learning quick thou takin off his nappy, he will be driving soon :winkwink:

Dont tell OH he dont need to know.

:hugs::hugs:

V xxxx

Ah hun you don't need to tell anyone if you're worried about getting shouted at - he's absolutely fine and wasn't in any danger. Nobody should should at you anyway, certainly not anyone who has kids of their own!

Ethan managed to smear himself with poo when I was stood right there changing him! He just reached down, smushed his hand into it then decided to rub his face! Even though I was right there and I reacted super quick I still couldn't get the wipe out of the packet quick enough! He didn't even realise what he'd done and kept babbling away :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->