How did having a baby change your life?

My son turns six weeks old on Saturday. It feels like from his birth, I've gotten about eight hours of sleep total, changed a billion poopy stinky diapers, prepared a billion bottles, done countless loads of pukey laundry, and cried at least 500 times.
Yesterday, he gave me a real, full smile for the first time. Totally and completely worth it.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG0189.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0189.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 4
I gonna be honest, the newborn days were awful and I had a "good" newborn. I was learning to make someone other than me and my husband the center of my world and mourning the loss of my old self. And then I felt extremely guilty and selfish for feeling that way. I've never been a party girl, never drank (found out I was pregnant on my 21st birthday.) it's not that I wanted my old self back, I couldn't wait to be a mother and was ecstatic he was born healthy and mine. It's just a shift, and I knew things would never be the same as they were before even though they are a million times better now. It a huge adjustment no matter how much you want it.

That being said, the adjustment period was short. It went away in just a few months and now I look back an think "what did I ever do without him?" He takes up all my thoughts, all my goals, my whole bed and my whole heart. When I first had him I thought he would be my only, but now I look back and miss everything and I can't wait to do it again.

There's an article somewhere that can articulate the feeling better. I was so surprised with the way it felt because I've wanted to be a mother my whole life. I even got my dream gender. Ill try to find the article and post it here

This: https://www.renegademothering.com/2013/02/09/i-became-a-mother-and-died-to-live/

Described what I was feeling to a T!

It is so hard some times, when all u want is a minute to a quiet thought. But it is the most amazing a precious life after having a baby. My son is the funniest child ever. He out sweetcorn up my oh nose when he refused to eat it from my son's offering spoon so with eyes closed and lips firmly shut. Where else was it gonna go. Love him to the moon and back. He's the best part of my life!!!!

My son turns six weeks old on Saturday. It feels like from his birth, I've gotten about eight hours of sleep total, changed a billion poopy stinky diapers, prepared a billion bottles, done countless loads of pukey laundry, and cried at least 500 times.
Yesterday, he gave me a real, full smile for the first time. Totally and completely worth it.

Awwwwwwww he's so cute.

I honestly don't think anyone can prepare you for having a baby. Even if you were a full time nanny etc... The feeling that they are your child and all the important decisions are up to you is an incredible responsibility. I never expected for her to become my whole life, I think about her even when she is with hubby in another room. It's so intense.

But the feeling of looking at her and knowing she is mine is amazing, I love her to bits. Yes it's hard work and your whole lifestyle changes but it's the life we wanted.

Just wanted to add he's the light of my life. My world would never be the same without him. I had all those feelings at first but it in no way makes me regret my son or make me want to change anything about my life. He looks at me and smiles and I melt, his laugh is my favorite sound, his pain is my pain. There's nothing like being a momma.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 3
Well where do I start for one your home will no longer
Be immaculate u won't have time to prepare amazing meals
And bake u will have a mountain of washing and ironing daily
U will get to the stage where baby sick is ur new perfume and poo
In your nails isn't the vilest thing ever !!! But me personally
I wouldn't change any of them things for my beautiful little boy when he wakes
And squeezes me so hard - priceless to see his face when I return home
From work - priceless people will always judge you for some reason but once you see
That little face staring back at you whatever anyone
Else thinks will no longer bother you

I'm right in the middle of all that newborn craziness currently and I wouldn't trade it for all the tea in china (well....I'd sell my grandmother for a few hours sleep but it's all part of the fun :winkwink:)

The first time round it was a massive adjustment and it took some time to get used to putting someone else's needs before mine at all times. Some bits were tough if I'm honest, but through all of it I still couldn't believe how lucky I felt to have my son. The love you feel for your child is just crazy. I wasn't prepared for it. It's like falling in love every day.

This time I'm finding the newborn stuff easier as Ive had some practice. I'm focussing on enjoying it as much as I can because time really flies and they're not a baby for long. The joy my sons bring me is indescribable really. I think every stage they go through is my favourite until the next one comes and I love that too. My toddler is now so funny and sweet and interesting, he's so full of personality, and I adore just spending time with him. He's my little buddy. My newborn is a delicious bundle of cuddles :cloud9: Sometimes I look at them both and feel like I might just spontaneously combust with love.

Don't let anyone bring you down with their comments. They may be complaining about one particular aspect of it all (which we all do. I'm certainly guilty of it at times) but there really is no bigger blessing than children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->