How did the baby get in your tummy mum!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

sglascoe

Mum of 4, Soon 5
Reaction score
Has anyones little kiddies ask this question yet and if so what have you as parents said.

also what do you tell a child when they ask how the baby comes out!!!!!!:blush:

Hopefully fingers crossed, my children want ask for a while even tho they are 6, 5, and 3.:dohh:

can you PLEASE help me to be prepared for when they do.

thanks ladies

p.s. dont know if posted in right place.

tell them the truth mummy and daddy made it and it comes out of mummys minny or what ever u call ur bits lol my twins understand and there 4 lol baby gets a kiss every night

my little sister (who is five) asked me how they got out (i think she thinks they just grow in you when you get older haha) so i asked her how she thought they came out so she told me she thought they are sucked out your belly button, thats why we have belly buttons haha. i just agreed, i'l let her in on the real way when she a little older lol

i find it easier answerin her by askin her how she thought it happened, its kinda funny too just see how they answer you xx

tell them whatever you are comfortable with hun :)

i was told...

wen a man and a woman love eachother daddy has a magic key tht he gives to mummy and wen the baby is ready the dr puts it in mummys button an a baby comes out :lol:

I asked my mother when I was about 3 or 4 and she was very honest with me. She only used simple terms that I would be able to understand. How a women has a special place for the baby to grown, and how the daddy give her a special peice of himself. She also explained that women have a part of them that is made for the baby to come out of. I can honestly say, I don't remember learning about sex, because it was something I just knew about, and I was never uncomfortable discussing it with her either. ONe thing you might do is head to the book store and see if there is maybe a book about where babies come from that is geared towards your age children.

My little brother asked me how the baby got in there and I just said 'ask your dad' lol. I figured I didn't want to be telling him something that my parents wouldn't be happy with me saying!

I was always told that a baby comes when a mummy and a daddy love each other in a special way, or something like that.

I hope you find the right way :) It must be a difficult thing to talk about with a young child.

xxx

I asked my mother when I was about 3 or 4 and she was very honest with me. She only used simple terms that I would be able to understand. How a women has a special place for the baby to grown, and how the daddy give her a special peice of himself. She also explained that women have a part of them that is made for the baby to come out of. I can honestly say, I don't remember learning about sex, because it was something I just knew about, and I was never uncomfortable discussing it with her either. ONe thing you might do is head to the book store and see if there is maybe a book about where babies come from that is geared towards your age children.

This is how I've handled it with DD#1. She started asking similar questions at a similar age, and I answered very similarly as Sam's mom. As Sheridan got older, and her questions became more complex and her understanding became more mature, the answers I gave were more detailed.

I was also always quite up front about biological issues. DD was quite curious and didn't seemed phased or sensitive by the dead honest answers (some kids might have fears or sensitivities you have to be aware of though).

Also, this question isn't going to get asked just once. You'll have to repeat your answer again and again and again over the course of time. It is a curious thing, our bodies, and kids are VERY curious little creatures ;)

You'll do great mama~!

:hug:

Just dont do what my mum did, and tell them "you sneeze and the baby pops out your belly button"

Everytime I sneezed Id crap me pants!!!

i havnt been asked but my little boy informed me and his teachers that he come out mummys bum (james was actually a sunroof baby)

My DD who's 8 in a couple of weeks is always going on about it how it comes out. Last year when I found out was pregnant she kinda just got told the baby comes out of mummy's tummy and that was the end of it, but she's gotten a lot smarter since then and knows that it doesn't just happen like that cause I won't be gettin cut open. So now she's told that the baby will come out of mummy's front bum (that's her name for it).
I have a big folder from a subscription thing about having babies that I've had since I was pregnant with her and I let her look at it, it has all kinds of pictures of the different stages of pregnancy and pictures of labour and stuff. She's quite mature, but hasn't yet asked how the baby got there in the first place, phew, don't have to tackle that one yet.

I read in an article that if they're old enough to ask, they're old enough to know. The easiest way to explain it is go down to their level and use words they understand - "You grew in a very special place in mummys tummy called the uterus, the womb." Only tell them what they ask though, because then they don't take in too much and get frightened. If your DD asks, HOW did I come out, then try explaining in a matter that she will understand, and if she starts looking freaked out then give her some time lol.

Also, you might consider explaining to your children soon how it all 'works' soon so they don't hear the crazy stuff at school and believe it, you know the rumors we all used to hear!

My son's friend (both 6 years old) told him that babies come out of their mummy's belly button, so Stephen (my son) stood up in the middle of his class and announced that baby's dont come out of mummy's belly button they come out of mummy's bum (at the top of his voice).

He has never asked me about where babies came from or anything related so I hadnt bothered to say anything to him. But when I spoke to him, he said "its ok mummy I know you are busy so I just got a book and read it"

I would advice being as honest as possible but not to go into too much detail and use words they are familia with.

I would ask them what they think if they ask; my son (6) asked A LOT of questions but asking him what he thought and then just discussing it through he actually understands more than I thought!

Also only answer to the level they ask, like if they ask where they come from explain that but not how it got there until they ask worked for me....

Some of the books are really cute...though look through the WHOLE book before buying, some have some crazy illistrations! my mum and dad gave me a POP UP book when I was five to explain how the baby got there...I am still scared mentally! :dohh:

:rofl: A POP-UP book! Oh, my! I can't imagine! :rofl:

My girl is 8 now but asked all bout sex when she was 5. I was honest with her because her step-sister had already given her a graphic run-down of what it all entails. I did my best to be matter of fact, to the point and not embarrassed at all. I told her that when 2 people love each other, they have sex. The man has a penis (boy parts) and puts it in the woman's vagina (girl parts). I explained that sometimes this results in a baby growing in the mommy's tummy. She didn't really want any more information than that at that age.

So, when I got pregnant last year, she understood how the baby got there. She did ask how the baby came out so I explained that I will push the baby out of my girl parts just like I did her. I also showed her a picture and quickly explained it. I've also involved her all the way through the pregnancy, showing her pictures of our progress and telling her that having a baby isn't anything like they show on TV and how it is different. I also offered for her to be present when I do push the baby out but she said "No thanks" :rofl:

So for us, I have found being honest and not embarrassed has been a good approach. I try not to go into more detail than necessary at this age but I will as she gets older. I want her to be a well informed young lady with all the information she needs to protect herself and to have a healthy sex life as she gets older. I was left in the dark as a young lady and ended up in some situations I wouldn't have gotten into had I known more. Luckily, it was nothing too serious unlike a lot of girls I knew. I know I definitely can't count on the schools to teach her anything useful so honesty is the best policy.

When I was younger, my mom told me that babies come out of their backs. HUH?

LOL

My son and daughter ask and I am honest. Because I've had C-sections, I tell them how it came out. It's easier that way until they can grasp the true info.

The little girl I look after who's 7 asked me how babies get in your tummy and I didn't know what to say! I went to try and answer and she just came out with "is it from sex?" I said "erm..." and she cut in again with "well I'm never having sex, I'm going to adopt if I want children!" I was speechless from it all but don't think she actually knows what "sex" is, I think it's just a word she's heard and connected it to babies. I told her mum who was just as shocked! My Goddaughter asked her mum about it the other day and my friend just replied "it comes out your plum" (her word for down there!) and she was happy with that (she's 5)

When my eldest was 7 he asked and we found it really hard to answer the why why how questions, so we bought a book reccomended by a friend called lets talk about where do babies come from (by usbourne books i think) and it worked a treat, he was old enough to read it and ask questions and its not too much detail either just enoigh to cure an inquisitive imagination x

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lets-Talk-...1736/ref=pd_sim_b_title_5/202-7623248-8300669

There are a number of titles by usbourne to explain to different age groups, i think they are great books

https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/074600690X

My son and daughter ask and I am honest. Because I've had C-sections, I tell them how it came out. It's easier that way until they can grasp the true info.

I also had a C section and James knows he comes out of my tummy.

Just after i had him my niece who was at the time informed me that James came out of my tuppence(thats what she called it). I really confused her when i informed her he actually did come from my tummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->