How did you do this??

Monix

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm BRAND new to this - both this website and TTC, so I'm sorry if my question has been asked but I really need some advice and google isn't helping....

How do you avoid things like alcohol / sushi / trampolines / etc without your friends guessing you're pregnant?? We just started trying for the first time (only 3 days ago) and I feel like it's WAY too early to have my friends asking questions.

But my job involves a lot of social drinking. I'm not an alcoholic or anything, but there are a few nights each week that we have organized social events for our clients and there is a lot of beer going around. I can get away with "having a headache" or just not feeling like a beer for a few days, but they'll guess within a week for sure.

And on top of that - all of my friends are going out for sushi next weekend (I can't miss it - a good friend is visiting for just a few days). I'm ok with researching safe vs unsafe sushi, but they know I LOVE saki margaritas which is pretty much the only reason we even go to this restaurant. How do I turn down the rounds in front of everyone??

They'll know.

I found one website that suggested getting there early and asking the bartender to make you virgin cocktails... well, first I'm not very good at getting anywhere early (or on time) but even if I could, our drinks are always pitchers shared by the table. I guess I could ask the bartender to make virgin cocktails for everyone :)

What did you do???

Thanks in advance :flower:

My opinion is that your not pregnant yet so you don't necessarily have to avoid these things. From my understanding the baby doesn't start using your nutrients until a certain amount of weeks. Granted if your ttc you would have known your pregnant in a close amount of time.

you could be ttc for a entire year, are you going to avoid these things the entire time...

Just tell them that you are avoiding alcohol as a part of your New Year's resolution to get healthy or something!

At this point I wouldn't stress over it. You don't need to avoid those things until yu'v conceived so stop once you hit your TWW. Even then I wouldn't worry about sushi just the alcohol. I drank in both of my TWW with my boys and was totally fine (I was unaware). I wouldn't be opposed to a glass or two of wine in the TWW now. Maybe tell them you are on a new medication that you can't drink with or something? Say it's a blood pressure med or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->