How did YOU get pregnant? Help me conceive my first!

WhereisBabyL

Reaction score
Hi all! I am new to this community... This is our 2nd cycle and we are trying for baby #1. I was very surprised to get my period today bc I had convinced myself I was preg (haha I know). Here's what our plans are for cycle 2...

Pre seed
BD every fertile day/ovulation
Upping the B vitamins for CM

Anyone have any tips or advice? It would be greatly appreciated. We are both in our young 20s (24&25), I haven't been on birth control for over a year and when I was on it it was only for 6 months or so. I am tracking ovulation and have regular periods :)

Thanks for any help!

First cycle, I tracked/tempted/all that stuff. Was too much like a chore to me, and I wasn't enjoying it. Second cycle, I threw it all out the window and went about my life like normal, and jumped my hubby when I felt like it. The relaxed approach worked for us, because I got pregnant that cycle. :) Next baby we're going straight to the NTNP route!

Best of luck to you! :flower:

First cycle, I tracked/tempted/all that stuff. Was too much like a chore to me, and I wasn't enjoying it. Second cycle, I threw it all out the window and went about my life like normal, and jumped my hubby when I felt like it. The relaxed approach worked for us, because I got pregnant that cycle. :) Next baby we're going straight to the NTNP route!

Best of luck to you! :flower:

Thanks so much!! That's awesome. Hoping to have the same luck!!

the spark notes version:

#1: ntnp
#2: started temping
#3: continued temping
#4: temping, plus OPKs and SMEP
#5: temping, OPKs and SMEP → BFP → :angel: at 9w+4d

took dec and jan cycles off

#6: temping, OPKs and SMEP
#7: plan is the same, temping, OPKs and SMEP

i'm pretty much a SMEP believer.:haha: though i will say i have always been super regular and since i got pregnant once, pretty sure all the parts are in working order :rofl: so it's just a matter of timing and luck...?:shrug:

cycles were about 28 days
cycles 1-3: BFN
cycle 4: preseed and softcup: bfp, MC at 5 weeks
af came back 28 days later
cycle 1: preseed and softcup: BFN
cycle 2: preseed and softcup: BFP: MC at 6 weeks
af came back 28 days later
cycle 1: BFP: DD1 :)

when DD1 was 3 months I had a days or two of spotting and noticed some fertile mucus 7-8 days later, so we DTD, and got a BFP a week later (with preseed and softcup again :) ) DD2 was born 9 months later :)

And we ALWAYS DTD BEFORE ovulation. DD1 was 3-4 days before and DD2 was 1-2 days before

the spark notes version:

#1: ntnp
#2: started temping
#3: continued temping
#4: temping, plus OPKs and SMEP
#5: temping, OPKs and SMEP → BFP → :angel: at 9w+4d

took dec and jan cycles off

#6: temping, OPKs and SMEP
#7: plan is the same, temping, OPKs and SMEP

i'm pretty much a SMEP believer.:haha: though i will say i have always been super regular and since i got pregnant once, pretty sure all the parts are in working order :rofl: so it's just a matter of timing and luck...?:shrug:
Wait what is SMEP? Lol I haven't seen that one yet

Thank you for all of your input!! What exactly does softcup do?

Wait what is SMEP? Lol I haven't seen that one yet

SMEP is Sperm Meets Egg Plan.

basically you have sex every other day and start OPKs on CD10. as soon as you get a positive OPK, you have sex that day, and then the next two days (so, 3 days in a row). then you take one day off and have sex the day after, just to cover your bases.

you can find more info here: SMEP

For me it was bcps= BFP, ended in MMC at 11 weeks, then we took a break for a few months and then began NTNP. BFP first month of that, ended in mc at 6 weeks on Christmas eve 2013 (hard...). Again NTNP/laid back ttc immediately after resulting in BFP again first cycle after mc and finally got my take home baby a DS who is now 5 months old!! :flower:

I stopped BF last month and got my first AF and we are NTNP once again with hopes for #2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->