How did you introduce a comforter to your LO?

LeannieB

Toby and Sam xx
Reaction score
Hi I would like to try and give sam something for when he goes to bed.
He doesnt have a dummy but I would like to leave something in bed with him when he goes down for the night.
Do I just choose something like a teddy bear or a blanket and give it to him and go from there?
Thanks xx:thumbup:

alfies only 3months (in a week) but what i did was stuff a blanket up my top for about 6 hours (i forgot it was there after abit lol) and when i took it out it obviously had my scent on it so when i gave it to him it smelt familliar and like his mummy so he was comforted by it, he know loves his blanky to go to bed with.

id start off like that so it gets your scent.

<3

I am not sure what a comforter is for.

I thought if a LO took to something then that was their decision eg a favourite doll etc, rather than actually introducing a comforter to them?? If they dont need it then thats good - they will never have to rely on something as such:flower:

Hi, at around 6 months I gave Rhys a comforter at night that was basically a cuddly lambs head with what was basically a mini blanket for the body, it was only about £4 from au natural (they have a baby section now). He's 8 months now and if he stays at someone's house it's great because it has his scent and calms him if he gets upset :flower:

we were given about 4 comfortors but im scared to give them yet incase he puts them over his face, how old should they be for them??

I thought a comforter might be a good idea for if Daniel stayed somewhere without me (such as my mums) but having witnessed my friends 15 month old with his, I am now not so sure. He won't let his blankie out of his sight. It stinks, but he howls the whole time it is in the wash.
I hope it never gets lost for his parents sake!!

Ronan has one (a Cuski) but he only wants it in bed and still can go to sleep without it. After washing it, i asleep with it overnight or stick it under my shirt for a few hours in the day. I have 2 of them so when one is being washed, the other one comes out and he doesn't care which is which.

I am not sure what a comforter is for.

I thought if a LO took to something then that was their decision eg a favourite doll etc, rather than actually introducing a comforter to them?? If they dont need it then thats good - they will never have to rely on something as such:flower:

a comforter can be a blanket, teddy anything really. i gave alfie one as he was a poor sleeper and only liked to sleep on me or his dad, so by giving him the comforter when we put him down to sleep to him it was like i was still there iykwim

<3

we were given about 4 comfortors but im scared to give them yet incase he puts them over his face, how old should they be for them??

not sure what age they have to be hun alfies 3 months and weve given him one his is just a blanket that we put over him at night (on top of his gro bag) aslong as its not near their face its fine i think, he just twiddles his with his hand never pulls it over his face (its a cellular one also with breathable holes)

<3

I wouldn't put anything in the cot until about 6 months when they have more control :flower:

dont worry about not having one.
my daughter has 4 comforters and refuses to got to bed without.... blanky, maisy, maisy, dave and bitty. drives me mad!
would be ok if it was just bitty/blanky. lol

I thought a comforter might be a good idea for if Daniel stayed somewhere without me (such as my mums) but having witnessed my friends 15 month old with his, I am now not so sure. He won't let his blankie out of his sight. It stinks, but he howls the whole time it is in the wash.
I hope it never gets lost for his parents sake!!

Oh Yeah I didnt think about that :wacko:

dont worry about not having one.
my daughter has 4 comforters and refuses to got to bed without.... blanky, maisy, maisy, dave and bitty. drives me mad!
would be ok if it was just bitty/blanky. lol

Aah bless her. Toby takes his cars too bed with him and once he is asleep I have too creep in and move them so he doesnt roll on to them in the night xx

Lucy really likes holding fabric while she's falling asleep, she's not actually attached to one particular thing but I guess she just likes the feel of it, it can be a bib or the square of fabric with a teddy attached to the top, or even my top if she's going to sleep on me, I'm not too bothered about this as she only has it at night and as I said she's not actually attached to anything in particular, it's just the feel of it that she likes. She's started doing this herself, first with my top and then her bib, so she's just done it herself naturally, if your LO doesn't actually need anything atm I'd be rather pleased with this and wouldn't think you need to introduce anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->