How did you know your little one was/is teething??

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
How did you all know? My LO has got all the signs but im not too sure about his gums...im clueless. He is not sleeping well, eating everything includung his bib...not sleeing well...crying alot...loss of appetite...has no temperature...very clingy...docs think he is teething and told me i should know by his gums...but i dont!!! Im clueless...any help ladies??x

I was thinking this earlier- Chloe is very clingy and unsettled, sucking on her fist alot, when fed she seems to be 'chomping' on the teat or my nipple. Surely she's not teething- she's only 6 weeks

How do you know by their gums??!!! Usually the only signs are drooling, chewing on everything and being grumpy sometimes a temp. but not always, this is the first I have heard you can tell by their gums, and I am a Dental Nurse, when it gets to the point that the gum is bulging the tooth is almost through, and the worst of it is over. So dont think you are silly for not being able to tell by the gums because I couldnt either. xx

Ah really...they told me to feel his gums??

Sometimes when you press down on their gums you can feel hard lumps and later sharp pointy bits as the teeth start to come through - as sabby said though this is latter stages, doesn't mean she is not teething now.

they can teeth very early it doesnt matter what age they can still teeth ;)
It does sound like teething to me ,both my girls was teething around the 6-7 week mark ;)

Can you see what looks like teeth coming though in the gums? Thats how i knew with ella.
Sometimes you cant even see or feel, but bubs does sound like teething even though he is so young.

the gums, some babies u can see something on their gums, umm it looks like a little spot its the best way i can explain it, or if you look closley u can see the out line of where the tooth is or will be.

Other signs are chewing the fists or anything they come in contact too, drooling, temp sometimes, waking at night only sometimes, clingy, grumpy.

Just feel the gums that is what my sister told me to know it...

Right i will take a look and let you know ladies:)

Max let me know pretty quick ..he started to eat everythign in site , bib toys nipples (ouch) and drool wow wow the drool a tiny thing like him can produce is beyond me lol

plus his gums were nice and white

my doc told me you can tell because their gums get wider. I guess it's as the teeth move up. I noticed Ted was putting fist in mouth and drooling so doc looked at his gums and yes, he is starting to teethe early! She said normally his gums should be thin but his lower gum is definately looking fatter.

the gums, some babies u can see something on their gums, umm it looks like a little spot its the best way i can explain it, or if you look closley u can see the out line of where the tooth is or will be.

Other signs are chewing the fists or anything they come in contact too, drooling, temp sometimes, waking at night only sometimes, clingy, grumpy.

charlies been really bad the last few days and i can see a little white spot like you said , hes also been chewing everything since he was about 6 weeks now and dribbling lol xxx

I'm also clueless. One day we think he is teething, the next day he is a happy camper. He has all the signs, drooling, red checks, irritable, waking at night (he was sleeping through since about 6 weeks), eating every thing, but when I look at his gums they look normal. Last night he even tried to eat my cheek, but mostly he likes any material i.e his clothes or bib. Doesn't seem to eat his hands anymore unless I have his mittens on.

If you look into my little lads mouth, you can see "lumps" where they are pushing up into he gums but are not yet breaking through...
My kids seem to like popping them out about 4 at a time...which isnt any fun!!!!

BONJELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->