How did you know?

WeebabyMama

Reaction score
For the folks who have had fertility testing and things done, I have a question for you. How did you decide that it was time to go have everything checked out? What was the process/ what initial tests did you have done (if that's not too intrusive)? My husband and I have been trying for 6 months and I know that they tell you to wait a year, but it just seems like it's time to at least get some initial tests done. I've been tracking my cycles, checking CM, using OPKs (and now a fertility monitor), temping, he's on a preconception multi, I'm taking prenatals, we have been using Preseed, and we're following the SMEP plan. I would think that all of that should improve our chances, right? Idk, but I don't want to spend another 6 months TTC and find out after a year that we needed this or that medical intervention. I mean, if everything checks out fine, then no harm no foul. If there is a problem, then knowing now might just save us some heartbreak. Am I jumping the gun?:shrug:

Do you have other symptoms other than not conceiving yet that you could bring up? I went to my doctor the first month we tried and explained that I have suspected my hormones are wacky and I want to get them sorted before pregnancy.

It turns out my ovaries are polycystic, which was a surprise to me because I have extremely regular periods- 28 days to a T. But the rest of my hormones looked good and she gave me progesterone supplements. I am happy I did this since they suspect that low progesterone could cause miscarriages. I'm relieved that I know this now instead of later. I was sick to my stomach thinking of ignoring my suspicions only to find out after a miscarriage.

Never mind! I just realized this was an old post and you are listed as pregnant now! CONGRATULATIONS!

For the folks who have had fertility testing and things done, I have a question for you. How did you decide that it was time to go have everything checked out? What was the process/ what initial tests did you have done (if that's not too intrusive)? My husband and I have been trying for 6 months and I know that they tell you to wait a year, but it just seems like it's time to at least get some initial tests done. I've been tracking my cycles, checking CM, using OPKs (and now a fertility monitor), temping, he's on a preconception multi, I'm taking prenatals, we have been using Preseed, and we're following the SMEP plan. I would think that all of that should improve our chances, right? Idk, but I don't want to spend another 6 months TTC and find out after a year that we needed this or that medical intervention. I mean, if everything checks out fine, then no harm no foul. If there is a problem, then knowing now might just save us some heartbreak. Am I jumping the gun?:shrug:
Well, this is the list of all analyses and examinations which we underwent in the long run. For me:
Rw, HB es, HCV, HIV, syphilis (made no more than 6 months before that)
TORCH infections (rubella and toxoplasmosis)
Vaginal discharge analysis
Karyotype analysis (termless)
Blood group and Rhesus factor (termless)
Complete Blood Count (CBC) made no more than 1 month before that
Biochemical blood count (bilirubin, AST, ALT, kreatinin, complete protein)
Koagulogram
LH (luteinizing hormone)
FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone)
Vaginal and cervical canal swab (no more than 6 months before)
Microscopic examination of vaginal canal
Pelvic organs ultrasound
Breast ultrasound
Attending physician’s opinion
Anti-muller hormone test.
Analyses and examinations for dh:
Rw (Wasserman test)
HBs
HCV
HIV (no more than 3 months before)
Blood group and Rhesus factor (termless)
Karyotype analysis (termless)
Spermogram (no more than 3 months)
ICSI screening
Hope you don't need this any more. All the best:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member