• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did you know?

WeebabyMama

Reaction score
For the folks who have had fertility testing and things done, I have a question for you. How did you decide that it was time to go have everything checked out? What was the process/ what initial tests did you have done (if that's not too intrusive)? My husband and I have been trying for 6 months and I know that they tell you to wait a year, but it just seems like it's time to at least get some initial tests done. I've been tracking my cycles, checking CM, using OPKs (and now a fertility monitor), temping, he's on a preconception multi, I'm taking prenatals, we have been using Preseed, and we're following the SMEP plan. I would think that all of that should improve our chances, right? Idk, but I don't want to spend another 6 months TTC and find out after a year that we needed this or that medical intervention. I mean, if everything checks out fine, then no harm no foul. If there is a problem, then knowing now might just save us some heartbreak. Am I jumping the gun?

I haven't started fertility testing yet (although my OH did get a sperm analysis done because he was worried), but when I started TTC last year my obgyn gave me a timeline. She said if I wasn't pregnant by spring to call her and we'll start testing and going down that road. It's spring now and I'm thinking if I don't get pregnant this cycle I'll be calling her to see my options.

Most doctors from what I found won't do any testing unless you've been trying a year because there is only a 20ish% chance of conceiving every cycle even if you're doing everything correctly with no fertility issues. If you're over 35 they'll do testing after six months of trying. My doctor told me a year and a half because she wanted to give my body time to adjust not being on bc anymore. Keep in mind testing and the drugs that go with it are really expensive and most insurances won't cover it.

I knew it was time to test because I could tell there was a hormonal imbalance. I could just feel something was wrong. I found out last month that I didn't ovulate and I had a feeling I wasn't ovulating every month. Once you start paying attention to your body, you can usually tell something is wrong.

I knew a long time ago that I would need to get testing done but I kept putting it off due to fear of the unknown. I finally called one day when I had another failed cycle. I track everything and knew my cycles were not right. This is my first cycle on letrozole so I am hoping this works and we don’t have to do more testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->