How did you tell OH?

My hubby actually knew before I did! He was the one who told me to take the test. He stood by me while I peed on the stick, and he held the test while I wiped. The conversation went like this:
"How many lines should there be?"
"Two if I'm pregnant."
"Well, you're pregnant!"
I couldn't even get off the toilet before I started bawling. :haha:

Our TTC journey took a while. After a year and a half trying, I had two months without medications due to an ovarian cyst. My RE told me I was out for that cycle too and to expect an "abnormal period." I assumed all my symptoms were due to this cyst. One morning I woke up really depressed thinking I would never get pregnant and 5 minutes before leaving for work I used an internet cheapie to "get over it" and confirm I wasn't expecting. I remember the moment when I saw the second line in slow motion. It took me a second to realize what it meant. I took the test and went next door to tell DH but I was so excited I couldn't talk and kept waving the test and crying (not my best moment LOL.) DH looked at me as if I were crazy, came close, looked at the test and asked me "what is this, what is this?!" I was still speechless :haha: and finally he opened his eyes really big and asked "are you pregnant?!" I nodded and kept crying, and we finally hugged LOL. BTW I was almost 6w :haha:

I love these stories. We had a weird few months ttc, I had been missing my period due to an ovarian cyst and I was fed up with having to wait to try so I bought some natural remedies to jump start my period..I was at the dollar store when I decided I may as well be safe and pick up a test before I go doing all of that since it was only $1. I went home and took it and I was getting ready to toss it in the trash when I saw a second line. I didn't believe it so I bought another, didn't believe that one, bought a different brand, didn't believe that one... anyway, when SO got home I sat him down and he asked if he was in trouble haha. I told him the story and he was very excited but he didn't believe it really until the doctor told us.. and I think he didn't realize that the first trimester is just like him being in trouble but for longer than usual.

Aww some of these are super cute xx

My oh was working away and I tested early as I just had a hunch. So I text him asking him to ring me as soon as he could. When he did I just told him I did a test and it's positive - he almost fainted lol x

We are currently just TTC, but when I find out that we are pregnant I have a little onsie that I bought that I will give to FI.
He loves Doctor Who so I think it will make him very excited. ^^
https://i60.tinypic.com/241wntg.jpg

with our 1st, I did a test before I left for work, he was already at work, we had been trying 2 years at that point, my birthday was 4 days away it was also the day AF was due, I did a test and a faint line came up, so grabbed my phone took a photo and sent it to him, he said that he went around showing everyone asking if they could see the line too.
second one hubby was home when I tested.
this one, I tested in the evening before getting into a bath. texted him asking him to come the bathroom and showed him the test, we weren't trying so it was quite a surprise.

My hubby always pokes fun at me for how I told him with our first two, especially considering how over the top theatrical I can be about most things.
First baby- woke up, took a test, called him while he was at work and told him "I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant!" He couldn't react or anything at work so he just said "cool"

Second baby- Took the test while he was in the shower. Proceeded to shove said test over the shower curtain and tell him "There's two lines!"

Third baby- I got more creative. I made a label for a beer bottle that had a big 3 on it. That bottle sat in a drawer for 8 months and I was so excited to finally give it to him. We had just come home from my nursing school pinning and he had to go into work. While he was away I did my cheap tests and swore I saw a line, but waited until that night to take a FRER. I did and there was a line. I got my little bottle out of the drawer, walked into the kitchen and popped the bottle cap. DH of course heard this and asked what I was drinking. I brought him the bottle and it took him a minute but it finally sunk in. He was pretty happy. I even got the whole thing on a video.

Attachments

• IMG_0672 (768x1024).jpg
    IMG_0672 (768x1024).jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 3
I had a bug or so I thought so it wasn't until a friend said it had been a few weeks and just to check. Poor OH stood saying that it was going to be a negative next thing I know he's going upstairs and I'm yelling his full name (middle inc) and get here now!!! He thought something was up as I only ever call him B. He stood mouth wide open lol. If he'd have been away I'd have got him a little white vest saying something like born to be a biker like daddy lol

I kept it simple, I took the test while he was still in bed. Then I went back into the room and woke him up with "I'm pregnant!!!!"

I'm in a long distance relationship so I took a test and told him via Skype!

I got my BFP on the last day of our month long vacation in Mexico. I bought a newborn onesie that said Made in Mexico on it and was going to give it to my hubby, but sadly it turned out to be a chemical and I started bleeding the next day.

We got pregnant the cycle right after and I didn't do anything special, just went into the bedroom where hubby was still in bed and shoved the digital test in his face.

OH and I were both there to see the test this time. Last time I showed him the test while we were eating dinner (lol!).

With DD I dressed DS in a big brother shirt (which I had been given by a friend, it was her sons) and when DH came home from work he saw it, then figured it out himself. With ODS I just told him. He wasn't planned and it wasn't a good time for us so I wasn't going to do anything special, lol.

It was 3rd IVF cycle lucky for us, so I never thought I'd be able to surprise hubby - firstly because I thought it was never going to work and secondly because he obviously knows every step of the process.

But I tested a day early yesterday, while he was a work and put the test in a silver gift box with tissue paper and a good luck card (wrote inside that he's going to need it in March). When he got home, I told him I'd got him a present. He opened the box, looking confused, saw the test and said "you're pregnant?!" Lol I think part of him thought it was never going to work too!

I have the whole version in my TTC journal but in short hubby came home from our grocery shopping trip to this. He was utterly shocked and I caught it all on camera :)

Attachments

• CYMERA_20150702_140738.jpg
    CYMERA_20150702_140738.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 11
  • CYMERA_20150702_220118.jpg
    CYMERA_20150702_220118.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 5
I screamed at my husband "GET IN HERE NOW!!" Not in a mean way, in an excited way. We weren't trying that month, we decided to take a break. We make wine, and he and I had been trying to decide when to start the next batch when he said "Why don't you go downstairs and test, just to see. I don't want to start this batch if you can't enjoy it." I told him "I know I'm not pregnant, but I'll go test just to show you!" And, well, that was it. I was ignoring the test and reading a magazine when I looked up and saw the two lines, and just started screaming and shaking uncontrollably. The I cursed myself for emptying my pee cup and flushing it down so I couldn't do another test for a few hours. It was a very tense few hours, but I took several more and all were positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->