How did you tell your partner?

KcApple

Reaction score
I just found out today and my first reaction was to call him, but he didn't answer thankfully because I didn't want to tell him over the phone; but I panicked.
But we are going out tonight with family and friends for drinks and dinner, so I need to tell him before we go since I will not be drinking...

How did you tell your significant others?

We had been ttc so when I took the test, I ran out to the living room with test in hand and asked, "Do you see that line too?!?!" Hahaha...

I didnt get to do anything special either cause df was in our bedroom and knew i was testing i wish i could have told him in a special way so you have an awesome opportunity hope you come up with a great idea!!

He was in a grump as I kept him awake all night because I couldn't sleep haha! Then I did a test at 3am because I just didn't feel myself.. At 5am I went in and said you have to be in a good mood in the morning...

At 7am when my daughter wandered in he said so I'm in a good mood what's going on.. I said I'm pregnant and he was so super shocked. We were trying but me being on the depo shot we didn't hold up much hope of it happening so quick!

Lol I ran out of the bathroom squealing at 430 am because I saw 2 lines. Took a test cause I was going home for a week and wanted to know if I should avoid booze. Last time I texted him lol so nothing special either time!

Took the test into the bedroom, showed him, he fell back to sleep. Pretty sure that happened all 4 times. Responses ranged from, "that's nice" to "what again?"

I was on the phone w/ my best friend, DH was still sleeping and I was freaking out (didn't expect a BFP at all) and all excited. I woke him up and told him to come in the bedroom (he probably hew as getting some haha) and I just held up the test. He had to squint and rub his eyes, then he muttered "f***", then smiled and patted me on the head, turned around and went back to bed LOL!!!!!

First time - i told him at like 3 in the morning and he looked at the lines and said "oh i dont think that lines dark enough" (thinking of opks) and he went back to sleep while i lay there for the next three hours grinning.

Second time was not fun :( it was old school fb and i listened to this one podcast which i know no one i know listens to, i saw they posted their baby on and i commented on their photo oh how sweet i just found out im expecting...
Then next minute i get a om from my stalker aka mil, saying i i just saw the news...
I gasped and dh was next to me, i hadnt wanted to tell him til after the weekend cos he was off on a church weekend, so i ended up having to tell him cos he had seen inwas gasping at something his mom had said to me :(

Third time, i blurted it out iver dinner "so im pregnant" and he stopped mid forkfull and just stared...( this ended in mc)

Fourth time i was shocked so i told hm when i was 5 weeks that i had mc 6 weeks prior and was now 5 weeks preg...(ended in mmc)

Fifth time! Again no af inbetween from the last mmc, so for oir anniversary dinner it was decided ages ago that i would make us sushi, so i only made for him and made alot of avo/smoked salmon ones for me, usually we share so when he came downstairs and i told him he had one side and i had another he gave me a funny look and then it clicked :)

I tested whilst I was still half asleep. As soon as I saw a hint of a line I was wide awake. I must have spent 5 minutes checking it against the window before I went back into the bedroom.

I woke up hubby and asked him if he could see the line.....he could but then he spent the next 5 mins checking it haha

I had planned to tell him in a special way, but I was in utter disbelief.

I POAS in the afternoon the day I expected AF. I took a pic and sent it to DH who was at work. He replied with a happy face and 'told you so' as he had been teasing me for days that I was pregnant.

I knew my OH was working late so I drove the 20 miles to his workplace and waited outside for him to finish - I waited around an hour. He saw me immediately, came over to my car and asked me why I was spying on him. I started crying and said I wasn't spying on him. He asked what's wrong and I said 'I'm pregnant'. He swore.

Obviously this one wasn't planned and I was in shock. We've both adjusted to the news now!

Hahaha... I'm cracking up, remembering finding out about our first.. We TTC for 18 months, and I sent my OH a photo of a BFP because OH was on the way to work. OH called back going, "Is that an ovulation test? Does that mean I should turn around?" hahaha. I said, "NO! Look again! .......That's a pregnancy test!" It was so great, even on the phone. We conferenced in my mom right away and told her...

With my second, it was 11 at night, and I had a series of x-rays scheduled for the next day. I definitely didn't think I was pregnant, but I took a test just to be "safe" and figured I'd just be fine to get my x-rays done. I walked into the bedroom with my hands behind my back, with a big grin on my face and my OH looked into my eyes and said, "No... not again!?" Hahaha. We were NOT trying, as we had an 8 month old when he was conceived!

Now, with this one, my mom had been saying I'm pregnant, and my AF was late, but I kept getting BFNs! One day, I finally got a BFP, and I just left the test in the bathroom. I heard a yell from the bathroom, and my OH comes running in with the test... "WAS THIS FOR ME?" But OH was extremely happy again, of course. We both want a big family. But it was so funny. (You had to be there, truly...)

I haven't done anything BIG because the first time, I was just too excited to wait, and the other two times I was just in shock since I already had a BABY both times. haha

I took the test while he was at work on nights. He's always been very clear that he didn't want another baby so was a little bit nervous telling him. I got him a bottle of rum from the shop, put it on the table with a glass for when he got home with 2 envelopes, one with a test in it the other with a letter. Alcohol to numb the shock..... its ok for them isn't it? :haha:

I told my DH a couple of days after i ovulated that i was sure i was going to get pregnant. we weren't trying but not preventing. as the days went by i knew stronger and stronger that i was getting pregnant. i kept telling him and he said i was nuts. then i started getting faint positives on old OPKs and i finally went out at like 8 or 9 DOP and got a pregnancy test (I mean 5) and kept taking them until they were super dark-then he finally believed me!

i had to ring my husband and tell him to come and pick me up from the hospital because i couldnt have my operation, he obviously asked why and i told him.....we are both so so nervous as we've been here before so although we are both so happy we are both causious...still a very happy day though x

When I first tested positive, it was almost a week after I expected AF, so DH and I had assumed we were out that month. I had wanted to tell surprise him in a really special way, so I ordered a onesie, hat, and bootie set online and rushed it! It came two days later, so I wrapped it and gave it to him as a late birthday present.

It was soooo difficult not telling him during those two days, but it was totally worth it! I loved getting to surprise him like that :)

I had been feeling off/nauseous for about a week when OH sent me to the doc. The doc asked if I could be preg and I laughed & said "noo!?"

I rang OH after that telling him what the doc had asked thinking it was hilarious.. and OH demanded I get a test on the way home.. after I POAS I left it in the bathroom, asked him to check it and it was bfp!! surprise!

The first time I tested early in the morning and oh was still asleep, I woke him up and showed him the test but it was an IC so very faint so he didn't beleive it and said it looks a bit too faint to me, so 4 ling hours later I did a clearblue one and it was a deffinate positive so I woke him up again haha and this time he was more awake and could not deny there was a line haha he was shocked but very happy and we hugged and smiled a lot.

Second time I woke around 3 am and got a positive, he had to be up at 6 for work so I left the test on the bathroom cabinet with a note stuck to the mirror saying "looks like you're going to be a daddy again!" He was even more shocked than last time haha even though both times were planned! Very happy though :)

First time I presented him the test on his 30th birthday. He said 'you think your pregnant, amazing!' I said 'uhhh honey look at the test'....

This time not so nice. I chucked it at him in tears (was not at all planned). He sat me down and told me how good it would be etc :)

It was 5am, peed on a stick after being almost 2 weeks late, and the Clear Blue said PREGNANT.

And I ran out of the bathroom, jumped on the bed (on him) and starting kissing him deeply and told him to run his ass into the bathroom very quickly.

But the first 30 seconds after PREGNANT came into view, I did just stare at the test result, shocked. Stunned. We've been trying for over 2 years so I felt just stunned.:cry: And then ran into the bedroom :)

<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"