How did you tell your partner?

DH was at work and I had off that day. I took the test on a whim (we'd been trying, but I thought it would be too early for a positive to actually show up) and surprise surprise! I got a BFP! Well we have been painting the house and deciding on colors, so I went out and bought a "boy" colored onesie and a "girl" colored onesie. When he came home from work I was in the kitchen and called out, "Hey, could you come here and tell me what you think of these colors?" He walked in, saw the onesies and got a huge smirk/smile on his face and said, "Are you actually pregnant?" When I said yes he gave me a huge hug and was so excited. It was so hard to wait all day to tell him but I'm glad I got to do something special!

I took the test while he was out. I put it in a baby bottle with a note saying "to daddy, cant wait to meet you in 8+months" I put it in the fridge and when he got home I asked him to get me a glass of juice, he never even noticed it lol so I had to tell him to look again, he was shocked and happy, it was nice. Got the idea from a youtube video lol xx

It sounds like a lot of us told our OH's and DH's at ungodly hours of the morning, which I am sure they totally apperciate!! hahahahaha... Yeahhh I woke up at 6 AM to POAS, thinking it would be a negative but lo-and behold there was a second line lol. OH didn't have to wake up until 6:30 and he is a grump in the mornings anyway. I was like shaking and pacing back and forth in the bathroom lol. I wanted to wait until after he got off work to tell him so I didn't have to lay it on him so heavy before work (we were NTNP and I don't think either of us totally expected it, but especially not him). I couldn't hold it in!!!! I calmly woke him up and said "good morning babe......................... I'm pregnant." and his eyes got REALLLLY big and then small again and he rolled over and said "5 more minutes.........." LOL he cracks me up. Then I tackled him and he hugged me and whatnot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->