How did your baby get on with lumps?

Pedders Girl

Reaction score
Just wondering when you started introducing lumps and how your LO got on??

Zak is 6&1/2 months and has been on solids since he was 4months. Ive started him on Ellas textured food and making scrambled egg which he likes, however if i make something fresh and blend it with a few tiny lumps left he has one small spoonful and gags - then will sometimes be sick. And its the same which the next stage of jar foods.

He is a very fussy eater and doesnt seem to like change!

He has the goodies organic carrot sticks which he will happily bite into and suck at the lump. Ive tried him with toast but not interested.

I dont want to push it on him too much yet but just wanted to pick up any good tips you might have.

izzys took to it straite away she loves the jars but hates the ellas kitchen pouches

Madeline took a while to get used to lumps - but now she has no problem with them. I think the gag reflex on little ones is closer to the front of the tongue than ours, and I think it's quite normal for them to gag...Madeline certainly did. I think perseverance is the trick...and maybe mash the food a bit more so the lumps are smaller. x

Hi hun, I've started to try and give my dd lumpy food. Unfortunately for me, she'll have two mouthfuls and then won't eat anything else at all. I'm at a loss of what to do about this other than giving her some pureed food, but she looks at that suspiciously now too. :(

Hi hun, I've started to try and give my dd lumpy food. Unfortunately for me, she'll have two mouthfuls and then won't eat anything else at all. I'm at a loss of what to do about this other than giving her some pureed food, but she looks at that suspiciously now too. :(

That what he is like, and its making him more fussy because anything new i give him hes convinced it will make him gag now or even throw up!

Its so hard because i want to make his food fresh now rather then him eating out the jars but he doesnt like anything else! Such a little pickle

Jess has done really well with lumps. Only took about a week and away she went! She did gag a bit at first with it, but now its fine. Just perservere with it :flower:

Mine doesn't like lumpy food or ellas kitchen textured stuff, she just spits it right back out and cries. She'll eat regular solid food just fine though. I give her toast, part of my muffins, organix finger foods the 7+ month ones, and whatever else I happen to be eating that she seems interested in. I wanted to give her goodies carrot sticks but it said either 10+months or 12+ months on them so she isn't old enough yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->