how did your friends react?

dudettex

Reaction score
I havn't been seeing much of my friends anymore lately.. They're more into smoking weed, drinking and stuff and I just don't wanna be around it. I only see one of my close friends here and there because she doesn't care about not smoking around me. People at work have been resenting me pretty much. The managers have been always cutting my shifts and not giving me any anymore. And some supervisors have been treating me crappy. It's really dumb and I'm feeling lonely a lot.. Like the only friends I got are my parents lol.
How did the people around you react when they found out you were pregnant?

Sorry to hear that :hugs:
When I told everyone I was pregnant with my first I lost ALOT of my friends and suddenly I was such a bad person and a dirty little whore. Some people came around but very few. At least you find out who your real friends are !!

With this pregnancy not many people know and the people that do know thought I was kidding until they saw my ultrasound pictures :haha:

the first people i told were my 2 best friends at 6th form who had both been pregnant themselves so i didn't expect them to be judgemental... i took a few days off school when my mom found out to think about what i wanted to do with the pregnancy - then the day before i was gonna go back, i was getting messages off everyone in the school asking if i was pregnant - these 2 so called friends i trusted had only gone round telling everyone what a slut i was! then if that wasn't bad enough they kept posting stuff on my facebook wall such as "can't wait for the bump to show xx" so literally EVERYONE found out :( i was so terrified to go back so i left + re enrolled for september.

it's amazing how many people slagged me off + didn't want to know me when i was 6 weeks or so, now i'm 27 weeks i get everyone asking how i am + telling me they want to come and see him when he's born! :haha: i can only say my one best friend i've known since i was 10 has stuck by me all the way through, it really shows who your true friends are! :flower:

i know how lonely it is :hugs: the only friends i have are my parents too!

Sorry to hear that :hugs:

My closest friends have all been supportive, my best friend is about to finish a course in childcare so works with kids + she looks after her little sisters quite a lot and is really good with kids.. and she's really excited about me having one :) My other friends are all supportive, no one has not invited me to places because I'm pregnant..

But I do know what it's like to feel lonely, because I don't really have any friends that are pregnant so I have no one to relate to so if you ever need a chat just PM me :hugs:

The first person I told was my sister (after OH) and she has been amazing. And as for my two best friends I think they are more excited than I am. They have all been amazing. My mum has been an absolute life saver. But my Dad has well dis owned me. He literally has point blank refused to talk to me since I told him and kicked me out.

TBH it depends on the type of person. It is hard when someone you care for doesn't accept it but I guess it is their loss!

My friends were upset mainly for the fact that im pregnant.....again. My mom was excited and so was everyone else but my best friend was really upset..:wacko: Im sorry to hear about your friends,but its just better to get away from all the shit they are doing anyway for your baby. People that I know where I moved from do a whole lot worse so when this all happened I had nothing in me that was upset to leave them behind...its just something you gotta do if you want to be a better parent:flower:

Only one of my friends know, she's my best friend and I can trust her with my life. She's 15 and wasn't sure how to react, she still isn't if I'm honest. I can't say she's happy for me nor is she unhappy, she's just happy that I'm happy and wants the best for me. She's been involved in the pregnancy so far but it's hard for her as she can't relate. She's been an angel though and I can't imagine going through this without her. I'm going to have the baby call her Aunt Charlee, even though she won't be the Aunt of my daughter, she's a sister to me so might as well be.

I'm glad I don't have friends sometimes, sheesh!

All my friends were super excited for me. But I also have lived on my own since I was 15, worked since I was 14, pay my own bills. So it's not like I am having mommy/daddy pay for everything for me. My boyfriend and I are paying/will pay for everything, except for things given as gifts.

Not a lot of people know about my pregnancy besides my family. My best friend and her mom know and they are very supportive. My teachers know but haven't said anything.

None of my church friends know and I'm sure it won't go over well with them as I'm not married.

My friends and work are really supportive. My supervisors and collegues make sure i'm on ok and let me sit down when I need to and give me simple jobs. My friends are all really excited and have supported me through out my pregnancy and can't wait until she get's here. I think i actually got lucky because I really thought i'd lose a lot of people.

gee i wish my work and friends were like that. =/

I lost a ton of people, which hurt because I am picky about who my friends are for that reason. :/ But I have a few very close friends who have been amazingly supportive, and have helped so much :)

I'm so sorry! That's really messed up, you don't deserve to be treated like that at work.

I'll be honest, I only have a handful of friends, but only three that I could fully depend on. They were shocked, but still remained supportive. I had one friend who our relationship was sort of rocky to begin with, so my pregnancy just kind of cut ties with her. We haven't spoke since, and perhaps it's for the best. The one thing that surprised me is my boyfriend's friends are pretty chill about it too. But they still call me a blimp :(

i guess everything happens for a Reason right !

Most of my friends said they're here for me bla bla. I rarely see them.. most of mine also would rather go about smoking weed and partying. They could make more of an effort and my 'best friend' told me the other day how she's been a bit of a crap best friend and so on and so forth and how she wants to be involved and stuff, but i don't see it.

When i do feel better going out (instead of spewing constantly) i'll be making arrangements with the few close friends i have now. It hurts because i had so many and they still say they're my friends but what's the point in friends you never see?..

So i'm just focusing on myself and my boyfriend and the baby to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->