How did your labour start?

MrsFernihough

Reaction score
As the title says how did your labour start? Wanted to do a poll but can't work out how :wacko: so
1) Bh turn into contractions
2) sudden contractions
3) water breaking
4) loosing plug/bloody show
5) clear out followed by contractions?
6) induced/elec CS

Look forward to hearing how it was for you! Also if anyone knows how to make this into a poll that would be fab haha x

With my daughter I had a bloody show at 5:30am, followed by contractions which started off mildly and at 10 mins apart. I also visited the toilet numerous times in the morning, which was obviously my clear out!x

will be interesting to see answers i'd like to know this as well :)

As a FTM I'm stalking this thread :)

4.) I guess.

I had a sweep Friday afternoon, followed by a bloody show later that day (I think there might have been a bloody show the day before as well?). Contractions started on Saturday morning but were mild and irregular. Sunday night/Monday morning (3am) my waters broke and we went into hospital and LO was here at 9am.

Went for a nap and woke up in agony with contractions every 5-7 mins so got bouncing on my ball and got them regular to 3 mins apart and off we went to the hospital and I was 3cms :)

I believe if you go to "edit" your post, and then click on "advanced" under the box where you type, it will take you back to the original screen that you created your post in. Then, I think you scroll down to find the option to post a poll. :flower:

In the meantime, though, I had a clear out a few days before I went into labor, and for me, I just started having contractions after going for a walk and having sex.

I started getting mild contractions about 9pm. Had a bath and went to bed pretty much ignoring them. Woke up at 4am in agony with very very lose stools. Went into hospital around 8am when contractions were every 5 minutes though wasn't in established labour as wasn't 4cm. Stayed 2cm till 12.30. Waters went at 12.35, was 4cm. Baby arrived at 13.45.

#3 I guess, my water leaked a tiny bit (wasn't sure if it was waters or pee) around 2pm. Then not much happened until contractions started around 6 or 7 pm. I had no appetite/ bad stomach and lots of trips to the bathroom a few days leading up to this.

Hiya,

Not sure if it was my show/plug or waters breaking.......

I gave birth almost 6 weeks ago now and I woke up at 7.30am and noticed tons of EWCM. Its weird because I have never had much discharge before or during my pregnancy but EWCM is the only way I can describe it as it was not snotty or bloody as I was expecting so assumed it couldn't be my show or plug but it was in such abundance I put a pad on! It was 10 days before due date so wasn't sure if it was a sign that things were starting to happen.... However at 7pm my waters broke in a massive gush saturating everything but I had no pain at all until 11.50pm. Eventually gave birth at 8.54pm the following day by emergency c-section!

My waters broke then about 2hours later contractions started.
Ds was born 3 hours later :)

My waters went at 35+5 and contractions started within an hour or so. Baby was breech so had a c-section x

My waters broke, contractions started a few hours later. From waters breaking to birth it was 10.5 hours

I'm loving this Thread its getting me all excited now :D xx

Waters exploded...it's the only way to describe the mini tsunami that occurred, contractions started immediately after this, and were 2 min apart from the start. Whole labour was 6 hours.
X

I had very very mild tightenings in my back from noon till 9 pm. I finally went to bed. As soon as I laid down the contractions became painful. I got up, had my bloody show, packed up everything, labored at home till about 1am. She still wasn't born till 10 am! They broke my water a couple hours before she was born.

nothing at all, I mean nothing, then HUGE contraction lasting about 30secs, 2-3mins later second contraction and waters went, in hospital within 30mins was in full 4cm dilated active labour, still took another 13hrs after this point tho! was 10days over due and baby back to back and not even engaged when labour started (think that's y I dnt deliver faster)

My first I was induced.

My second #1- I had bh all day. Noticed they were more regular and frequent than normal but thought nothing of it. At 5.30pm decided to time them.... 4-7 minutes apart and lasting a good minute. Still painless but quite intense. At 7pm suddenly became incredibly painful. Literally no warning. Got to hospital 8pm after an agonising car journey and was 4cm. 2 hours later I was pushing. He was born 11.10pm so 4 hours and 10 minutes after first painful contraction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->