How did your labour start?

A lot more girls waters going then expected considering statistics :)

At exactly 39 weeks at 2.30am I woke up to go for a wee and on the way to the bathroom I had a gush of water come out. Within about half an hour I started to get contractions 4 minutes apart which became stronger and more painful. Went to hospital at 5.30am and my daughter arrived safe and well at 9.26am. Very straight forward, fast and problem free birth. I'm hoping for more of the same with this baby who's due at the end of the month :)

My first, the morning I was scheded for induction I had a bloody show and contractions started. The went ahead with pitocin drip- started at 8am had petocin at 10am. Baby arrived at 8pm.
Second, started with contractions, got to hospital around 8am ish again, had baby before lunch. Both happened at 39w. This one, guess we will see!

For me last time it was BH that got stronger and didn't go away after I slept.

I lost my entire mucus plug three days before I went into labour and then had Braxton hicks contractions for an entire day. They eventually turned into intense contractions!

I was feeling absolutely fine, no signs at all until my waters broke, 30 seconds later my first contraction, less than 7 hours later he was born.

I was always expecting a slow build up to labour but it wasn't like that for me at all. It was intense from the first contraction xx

My waters broke whilst in bed at 4 am, contractions started immediately after and baby born just before 11am.

Mine started with subtle contractions at somewhere between 41 and 42 weeks (depending which due date you go with)
I had tried every trick in the book to get her moving to no avail then had acupuncture on the Friday, went into labour on Sunday evening, went to hospital when the pain was unbearable on Monday evening and the contractions were 4 mins apart only to be told I was only at 2cm then finally had her delivered by EMCS on Wednesday morning.

I totally expected my waters to break but it didn't happen that way for me and they were broken when they tried to speed things up on Tuesday morning

My first I had no signs leading up to it, my waters went overnight along with my plug (didn't even realise until I woke up) contractions didn't start so was induced 3 days later.

My second, I had my bloody show about 3am, contractions started around 5am. He was born that night at 7.03pm. Waters went 30 minutes before he was born.

My third I'd had a really painful tummy all evening the night before, thought nothing of it so tried to sleep. Woke at 5am to find I'd had my show and the contractions came on thick and fast, had to have waters broken in hospital about 3 hours before she was born.

My hind waters had been trickling out from 38+6 without me knowing what it was. When I was 39+3 I went into hospital to get it checked out and I had a pessary to induce me due to risk of infection. I had been having cramps and low backache a few days before, I was 2cm dilated when I arrived at the hospital. 6 hours later I had my baby girl by emergency c section as her heart rate dipped & didn't recover.

With my first, I had been losing plug for almost 3 weeks, so I won't count that. I had prodomal labor (start and stop with lots of tough contractions) for about a week. Then, I had a day of NO contractions (none that I felt, anyway) and that day, my water broke. lol

With my second, I had no symptoms until a few days before I went into labor. Then, I started losing lots of plug and getting contractions while in bed each night. They'd always go away as soon as I stood up. When I actually went into labor, I was just sitting and playing cards and started getting contractions 5 minutes apart right away, and my water broke about an hour later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->