How dilated at 36 weeks?

LeeMacca

Reaction score
Just wondering how dilated people were by 36-37 weeks if you were checked...

I was 1 cm at 36 weeks and 2 cms at 38 weeks when my water broke. The first 4 cms can take FOREVER, honestly. After that, you're in "active labor" and things tend to progress quickly.

In the UK they dont check you untill your having contractions. People can be at 4cm for weeks and not be in labour.

Just a fingertip (not even 1 cm) at both 36 weeks and 37 weeks. :( Still waiting for any signs of progress at all!

I was not dialated at all at 36 weeks and now at 37+3 I am 1 &1/2 centimeters 50% effaced and at plus 2 station. I know doesn't mean much, but at least it's something.

They dont check here routinely. But i had bleeding two nights ago so had to have examination. They wrote my cervix was soft but closed... whatever that means. I was 36+1.... not worried by this as until you get into labour it doesn't mean anything.

With DD:
36 Weeks - 2cm dilated
37 Weeks - 3cm dilated
38 Weeks - 4cm dilated

I went into labor a few hours after my 38 week appointment, and was 5cm when I got to the hospital. :flower:

With my first I was 1cm at 36wks 3 days he was born the next day with my second I was 2cm for 2wks before he came at 40wks x

1 cm 90 effaced at 37 week appointment.

Ya here in Canada they pretty much refuse to touch until your 40 weeks(dr's...not so much midwives)..they say they don't want to introduce any foreign bacterias if they don't have to....however..when I was 40 weeks....I was not even in a fingertip dialated....went into active labour the next morning. I had a girlfriend who had a midwife who had stretch and sweeps done by her midwife at 39 weeks and on. She walked around at 3 cm and went 2 weeks overdue....

I'm not dilated at all at 35 weeks :/ but I'm 50% effaced so hopefully that's a good sign.

35 +3 days- 1cm 75 effaced
36+0 days- 2cm 75 effaced :) dilated 4 days later

I was 0cm dilated the day before i went into labour at 40+10. 24hrs later i was 5cm and admitted to hospital. Lol...things really can change quickly x

35+2 I was 3cm 50% effaced
35+5 still 3 and 50

Getting checked again at 36+1 so I'll let you know if it changes

I'm 1cm dilated today. My ticker thing says I'm still in 35 weeks but the nurse said 36 weeks today. Eh, I think sometimes they get my weeks wrong. Owell.

At 36 weeks I was 2cm and at 38 weeks I was "a good 3, almost 4cm" according to the doctor. I am 38+4 now and being induced in a week if nothing happens before then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->