How do energy companies pay your money back?

Pearls18

Reaction score
We have recently moved house and changed gas and electricity suppliers which I have never done before. We were with Southern Electric and were in debit for electricity and in credit for gas, the bills I got electronically said not to cancel our direct debits as they would take out the last of what they need for electricity today and the gas bill says "we owe you....don't cancel your DD, we will put it in your account on or soon after the 1st" sure enough they have taken what we owe them, but the money they owe us (which is stupidly pretty much the same amount!) hasn't been paid back, how long shall I be patient for before calling them? It's not that we need the money I just like to tie up loose ends and would like to have the DDs cancelled before I forget! In the past I have always just been sent cheques.

I usually get cheques too so id ring them if i was you? Although if they said soon after i suppose that could mean anytime really. How annoying for you! x

They actioned a refund for me once as i was in credit for electricity and needed some money lol .. I just rang them and they did it there and then then was a day or so before it was in my account. Maybe ring them and they can double check the process has been started xxx

It depends on the supplier. Some return money via DD, others do it by cheque.

I'd call them by the end of the week if it hasn't appeared in your account.

Edf did it electronically on 2 occasions, it appeared about 5 working days after they'd verbally confirmed it x

Thanks everyone, I wonder if it was "actioned" today and will hopefully go in this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->