How do I fit solids into LO's usual routine - there's no time!!

Lu28

Aisling's mammy
Reaction score
I've just started weaning Aisling because she started to lose weight. I'm getting really confused though about how to get all the solids into her, also give her milk feeds, have a nap and then have any time to play! :wacko:

Here's her usual routine, it varies day to day as I follow her routine but this is the basic one:

7am awake and feeding to 7.30/7.45am
Playtime
9am - 10.15am - nap (can take ages to settle)
10.15am - dressed for the day and feeding til about 11am
12pm - 2pm - nap (again takes ages to settle)
2.15pm - feeding
Playtime
4pm ish - nap for 30 minutes but can take 10 minutes to settle first
5pm - feed
5.30pm - baby rice
6pm - a bit more milk, then bath, a milk top up and in bed by 7/7.30pm

I just don't know how I'm meant to fit any solids into this! Her milk feeds take at least 30-45 minutes and always have done so if I was to then give her solids straight after she'd have nearly no playtime and would be constantly feeding, eating and sleeping! I don't want to drop any milk feeds yet either as I'm hoping for her to gain weight and have the solids as well as the milk feed, not instead of.

I'm so confused by all of this, really don't know what to do - I just want to stick with the milk feeds forever! :dohh:

you and I are having the exact same problems right now Lu :dohh: both babies need to gain weight so weaning them and both babies now reducing their milk ARGGGG!!! Matthew only took 3 milk feeds yest (last food he took was 6pm last night til after 8 am this morn) he's teething tho so hoping its that and not thats he's too full from solids. Gave him porridge at 9am and he has only took 4oz milk since think tomo im going to give him half of what he had today.

Maybe only give her a tiny bit of rice so she takes more milk. Are you using water in the rice or EBM not sure if EBM can be used in food but would help get more calories in if you can express some milk x

:hi: Hi bumpsmum, we do seem to be having alot of the same issues at the moment! - I've changed my question too as I can't see how to get food into her given her routine either! :dohh:

I use formula with the rice as I can't express enough to use so at least she's getting some calories that way.

hmmm maybe a spot of porridge with formula at 8.30am or half 3 maybe a drop of natural yoghurt with avocado or cucumber or fruit if your trying to encorporate BLW i see what you mean about where to fit it all in, I BF for 10 weks and felt chained to the sofa.

If HV thinks you she dont get enough milk fro you can you maybe hand express the fore milk (watery bit) away and only offer her the hind (fatty) milk maybe, the BF section was great for advice like that when I was still BF :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->