how do i get him to lay in for longer?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
right,joshua has started going to bed around 8.30 & 9.00.
he usually sleeps until about 3ish and maybe as late as 5 if we are lucky.
but after that bottle he only tends to sleep for another 2 or 3 hours so he is up between 5.30 & 7.00.

we are moving soon and i was hoping i could get up before him so i can get things done around the house.

he used to be in bed for 7,so thought if he ges to bed later he will get up later but doesnt seem to be the case.

any ideas or advice?

I think getting up before him is always going to be fairly unrealistic. Most babies seem to want to get up between 6 and 8 from what I've seen. Alasdair does 7-7:30 most nights. Sometimes 7.30-7.30. You could try bringing his feeds forward slightly so he's encouraged to go to bed earlier. I find that if Alasdair doesn't sleep as much in the day, he sleeps better at night. But some people find the opposite!

Sleeping well considering his age I think anyway.

Caitlin goes to bed between 9-10pm and gets up from 7-9 but she wasn't doing that at 3 months.

I don't have any advice as I have the same problem. It doesn't matter what time I put my LO to bed, he will still wake up roughly the same time in the morning!

I don't have any advice as I have the same problem. It doesn't matter what time I put my LO to bed, he will still wake up roughly the same time in the morning!

my friend is still having that problem with her 2 yr old - she gets up between 3 and 4 am every day :dohh:

I'd heard that they almost decide when they get up nd thats it. you can bring bedtime forward but not get up time back.

Since Chloe has been sleeping more in the day she has slept better a night, she does 10pm-8am and 4 hour long naps in the day

i wish jack would sleep like that at night x dont really have any advice. maybe that is his waking up time x

At 3 months he could be ALOT worse. Caitlyn still wakes up ATLEAST twice, normally 3-5 times and she is 5 months.

The only advice I have is a comforter, or changing bathtime or something?

my friend is still having that problem with her 2 yr old - she gets up between 3 and 4 am every day :dohh:

Ok, my boy isn't quite that bad. Think if he was I'd go insane. He normally gets up between 5:30 and 7. He wakes up when the sun rises.....

At 3 months old they do what they want when they want and to be honest you just have to go with the flow

Jack was still getting up through the night and at stupid o'clock until he was around 18 months old

He is doing pretty good to go so long between feeds IMO

Tegan has to sleep a couple of hours during the day to be able to sleep well at night. Also, if we put her to bed at 9pm she sometimes sleeps until 5am and then 10am if we are lucky. I think its just a case of finding what suits you and your baby tbh.

right,joshua has started going to bed around 8.30 & 9.00.
he usually sleeps until about 3ish and maybe as late as 5 if we are lucky.
but after that bottle he only tends to sleep for another 2 or 3 hours so he is up between 5.30 & 7.00.

we are moving soon and i was hoping i could get up before him so i can get things done around the house.

he used to be in bed for 7,so thought if he ges to bed later he will get up later but doesnt seem to be the case.

any ideas or advice?

He's sleeping very well.

Why would you want to change it for the sake of a few weeks? In the end, do you want him to be up later and have to change that?

I have a 5 year old boy who's always been a nightowl since he was a baby and stays up until 10 or so every night. I am tired far earlier than he is and often don't get quality time with hubby too.

Hannah got up at 11, 12, 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 last night :rofl: I just wish she'd sleep that much

tonight im gonna bth him at 7ish,he usually has it at 5ish.

the first night he went to bed later he slept til 5 then woke for a bottle then went back down til 7.00 and woke up so happy.
that night he was awake until 8 but the last few nights he has fallen to sleep at 7ish then wakes for a bottle at 8.

so the idea tonight is to bathe him when he usually sleeps to keep him awake then give him his bottle at 8ish.

My baby is doing similar at the minute... bed 7.30 ish, night feed these past few nights has been 3.30 to 4.30 ish waking and takes nearly an hour then just back to sleep for 2 or 3 hours. BUT when he wakes up he is not hungry just wanting to do kicks and gurgle and snuggle in.

Does Joshua wake up that early for a feed Mrs-N? Because my cousin used to give her kids a dummy or plain water when they woke p and she said it taught them not to wake up because it's not worth it if not getting a feed. Never tries it myself but she said it worked.

Ethan is 20 months and still wakes up 2~3 times and up for the day by 6am ...good luck

ya.. even Jasmine always wakes up bettween 6-8 and that is her most awak time of the day.

when he wakes up between 3 and 5 he has milk ive tried giving him water but he just gets stressy.

when he wakes to get up in the morning he doesnt have a bottle til 9ish

He probably still needs that night feed. Hannah is almost a month older and there is no way she could go an entire night without a bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->