How do I get him too ....

1st_baby

STOP waking up at 4am for his bottle :cry:

Im going insane , I thought by now he would have been able to sleep till at last 7am but NOOO mister gets hungry at 4am ..I tried with water but he pulled a fit and didnt fall back asleep till 5am non stop crying ..

I usually dont mind getting up at 5am to feed him but lately im just fed and tired :( I try to get up and put his dummy back but he goes nuts and tries to eat my finger ..

any tips ?

I believe not giving in and only offering water nomatter how much you want to works ...He will soon realise (if he wants it or not) that water is the only thing on the menu at 4am lol

How many bottles & ozs is he having in 24 hours?

How many naps and for how long in the day?

I always give Josh a bit of cereals & milk before bedtime and it does the trick!

I've been giving Colton water during the night since your last thread about this.
Its not working, he still gets up. And actually, he tends to get up more.
It's driving me nuts as well. Let me know if you find the trick!

I try and try and try with Tegan if she gets up at silly o clock but she will not settle without a bottle :( Tried dummy, cuddle, water etc but nothing calms her. Sorry I'm no help but I'll be watching this thread xx

Kaya also wakes at 4am hungry (I actually heard her stomach rumbling the other night) Last night I got her up fed her a yogurt followed by a breastfeed and she went back down without any fuss. She came through to my bed at 5:30am and we got up at 6am as usual. I've woken hungry in the middle of the night before and it hurts, so if feeding her helps then I'll do it.

Im going insane , I thought by now he would have been able to sleep till at last 7am but NOOO mister gets hungry at 4am ..I tried with water but he pulled a fit and didnt fall back asleep till 5am non stop crying ..

I usually dont mind getting up at 5am to feed him but lately im just fed and tired :( I try to get up and put his dummy back but he goes nuts and tries to eat my finger ..

any tips ?

i also wanted to know this charlie wakes at 12.30 then 5am last night i tryed just putting his dummy in and settling him at 12.30 but he just kept crying so i had to feed him still :hissy:x

Have you ever thought about trying that night time formula? I've never tried it, but I did try something else last night.. It was a big "NONO" though, so some might disagree, but with Colton's last bottle of formula before bed, I put 4 scoops of cereal in with it (1 scoop of cereal for every 1 scoop of formula) so that it would fill him up a bit more (thicker), and he ate it at 10:30pm.. slept until 7:30am this morning! I was shocked when I woke!
Maybe look for some night time formula. They dont sell it around here, or I've just never seen it. So, I think for now I'm going to try the cereal again and see if it keeps working.

Well I tried a night time formula but it made him sicky :( and water he just wont have ..I dont have much patience at 4-5am so I give in lol

ALTHOUGH yesterday he was hungry around 8pm so I gave him a yogurt and well he slept till 8am :) maybe its a fluke but will sure try it out again tonight..he did wake up at 5 but i put his dummy back in he was fine !

any tips ?

Can I ask why you give him water?

At 6 months most babies are eating solids therefor water is a great source for them to help digest the solids and aid in pooping normally :)

I agree. That is great during the day between meals. But at night, maybe he is waking up because he is hungry? My daughter sleeps through the night most of the time, but sometimes wakes up at around 5 because she is hungry. I have never heard of giving them water during the night. I guess I should do some research :)

Honestly IMO I prefer to feed him milk if hes hungry but feeding water is good too and im mostly doing it to show him that at 5 am its not wake up time its sleep time so he will understand that its only water at that time ..but then again hes a hungry baby hence why im trying again tonight with yogurt before bed ..maybe that settles is hunger

Cereal or rusks is a good idea before bed :D

Baby does need to establish 'night/sleep time' imo! First months of Moos life no it didn't work like that like everyone else she was having bottles every 3 hours etc but that spaced out more ozs in each bottle etc etc I wouldn't do this way if LO was weaning but her naps got fewer and shorter too so its whats fits in with baby and you have to help baby settle into a nice routine that imo is healthy for Mum *AND* baby.

Anywayyyyyyy I noticed the night time milk come up. I thought it was worth it at first but then realised what a pain it was. They say if your on say stage 2 teats use a stage 3 (use a bigger teat than usually) so you have stage 3 teat there is no bigger teat! Found it AWFUL to disolve and found she struggled in the end because of how thick it was so gave up sucking I also figured that part of the struggle was although milk was hot and cooled and shaken WELL it still got 'sticky' in the teat making sucking harder.

Blah blah blah :lol:

Ive been using the stage 3 teats since he was 3 months old and no matter which one i used for the night time milk it never came out lol

I made the hole bigger and set it seperate from the others still pants lol If she didn't finish her bottl I'd top her with a soaked rusk :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->