How do I stop my 2 year old relying on breasts to sleep?

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
I really don't know where else to post this but I'd like some help please

How can I stop my 2 year old from relying on breast feeding to sleep? I don't really feed except if he wants to sleep so that's for nap and at bedtime, I'm really done now but it's just my son has never slept without breast, ever! Isn't he way too old to be needing my boobs to go to sleep? plus he wakes a few times during the night only to be breastfed back to sleep. Please help with any suggestions, we also bed share and I'd like him to go in his own bed.

I'm really exhausted from this, he automatically thinks that when we're in bed its time for breasts!

x

although it's a nice one it's still a habit and can be changed.
Is there anyone else who can try to put lo to bed for naps to start with, often they'll go to sleep without breast but only if it's with the person without the feeding function, if you start on the weekend or whenever oh is off.
We still feed to sleep but i've had to go to a course this week, not through choice!, and oh has been putting lo down for naps, she resisted a little at first but now goes down ok.
As i usually feed to sleep lying down, oh lies down with lo and strokes her head and lots of shhing and she eventually goes off. We recently stopped feeding at night, i could settle her with a cuddle so just stopped offering. I cover my chest so she can't smell me otherwise she tosses and turns all the time, we also cosleep most of the night. If he insists, then offer water instead and he'll get the message.
I think it's best to do it gradually with lots of cuddles.
at the end of the day you need to pick a date and then introduce the changes you want to make, it'll take a few days and be consistent with what you want. pick a date when no one is ill and everything in the routine is normal, settled and calm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->