How do i tell my parents?

SarahMUMMY

Mummy-to-Riley&Pregnant!
Reaction score
How do i tell my parents im pregnant for the second time?!

The first time my mum was inquiring to me over her own periods and then she mentioned the pill which we had talk to months previously and she went "so you've had 3 periods since then?" i said "no." "2 then?" "no ive missed 2" and she replied with "are you pregnant!?" and i just kind of replied with "i think so" So i never had to tell mum, the first time, she shouted and was disappointed until the next day then she loved it!
But i really daren't tell them this time!

I was told on the 14th of may there was very little chance id ever have children again well a few days later we conceived! And i found out on the 1st I was pregnant!
My mum knew i had been told this so im hoping she sees this pregnancy as an amazing thing but im starting to think she will hate me :/

:flow:

Aw, i would just tell them. They'll probably get used to it sooner since this is the second time. :) no good advice sorry

I don't really have any advice either except good luck! :) And I think that she should see this as a blessing, seeing as you were told this wasn't going to happen for you again :)

Dont see what difference it makes in how old she is....?

Anyway, Id just tell her. When it.came to my.mom, I also was just like uhhh... Im pregnant. Shes always given me the disappointed "ugh what will.you do speech", but its not exactly her.life now is it? You and OH tried.to.concieve this bubs, and you are/were pressed for.time so.hopefully she understands! :hugs:

I took my mum to dinner with my OH then afterwards I was like "so Sam and I have news for you... You're gonna be a grandma!" And I was expecting the disappointed thing also but she was absolutely stoked! Over the moon! And I've been given that whole "don't get pregnant til you're done uni and have a job and buy a house and blah blah blah" she was excited though! I say don't stress it coz it's usually better than you expect! Xx

Dont see what difference it makes in how old she is....?

Anyway, Id just tell her. When it.came to my.mom, I also was just like uhhh... Im pregnant. Shes always given me the disappointed "ugh what will.you do speech", but its not exactly her.life now is it? You and OH tried.to.concieve this bubs, and you are/were pressed for.time so.hopefully she understands! :hugs:

I was just asking. Dont see why it matters that the question was asked.

Anyways congrats! Moms always usually are shocked to begin with then they calm down. Just tell her you will feel a lot better once you do. Good luck.

I feel your pain I really do! I've just had to tell my mum, and it was worse than actually finding out I was pregnant. But trust me, we always think the worst and scare ourselves silly with worry, when actually 90% of the time they react better than expected. There's never going to be a good time or place to tell her, you've just got to psyche yourself up for it and be positive. Maybe just tell her that you've missed your period this month and she can guess the rest? Or write her a letter explaining how you feel. Whatever you do, I'm sure she will be supportive because its not exactly the first time this has happened and you're clearly a great mom already. Goodluck with telling her, I'm sure it will be fine!

Ive bought my mum a "keep calm youre going to be a nanna" keyring
im going to give her it in an envelope on her bed with a scan photo after our first scan and let her think about it before i approach her xx

I feel your pain I really do! I've just had to tell my mum, and it was worse than actually finding out I was pregnant. But trust me, we always think the worst and scare ourselves silly with worry, when actually 90% of the time they react better than expected. There's never going to be a good time or place to tell her, you've just got to psyche yourself up for it and be positive. Maybe just tell her that you've missed your period this month and she can guess the rest? Or write her a letter explaining how you feel. Whatever you do, I'm sure she will be supportive because its not exactly the first time this has happened and you're clearly a great mom already. Goodluck with telling her, I'm sure it will be fine!

This is so right. Your mom already sees your a great mum, so how mad can she be? Obviously you know what you're doing. :) God luck. Big hugs!

This is how I told my mom... I sent her this pic of my daughter :)

image.jpg

Congratulations! Really happy for you :)

I did the 'Big sister' top way for my friends and OH's side of the family. It took them ages to read it :haha:

I rang up my mum, I was too scared to tell her to her face :L and said 'Isabella's going to be a big sister' and she just said 'Oh dear Sophia' haha. But tbh, everyone was just happy, even my dad who didn't speak to me for ages when he found out last time. The shock came the first time and everyone had gotten over that so no one was angry/disappointed. I'm sure it'll be fine :)

Honestly cant believe how nervous i am this time! :(

you will be fine :D I'm sure she will be happy for you, even if it isn't straight away. I'm sure she can see what a fantastic mum you are and she'll know that you will be a fantastic mum of 2.

Good luck. x

Why do you think she'll react badly? You're an adult and you're already a mummy so surely it will be a better reaction than the last time? Hopefully she will be happy, especially given the circumstances xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->