How do I tell this him I'm pregnant with his child?

Kendrieee

Reaction score
Hey everyone; I'm here in hopes of getting support/advice with my situation. I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant, only a few weeks along. Up until a couple weeks ago, I had been seeing a guy for about 3 months. We were never exclusive, more just spending weekends together and getting to know each other. Well, he let me know that he is still in love with his ex, so he stopped pursuing me and started hanging out with her again. He was very adamant about staying friends with me. Well, now I'm pregnant. I am TERRIFIED to tell him. Scared out of my mind, I don't know what to do. Why? Because it's clear that he is trying to get back with her and this is something we did not expect to happen. I don't want him to resent me or this baby. I do not expect him to be with me JUST for the baby. But I feel he has the right to know what's going on. BUT I don't want to be a "baby mama". He is very pro-life, so I do not expect him to ask me not to keep the baby, but I'm still so worried he's going to hate me. What would you ladies do? How would you handle this? I'm at a loss. Ideally, he'll step up and take responsibility. But I don't know if that's how this is gonna go. I would love to hear from all of you, thanks for reading.

Just tell him! It's best to get it all out in the open early. Be upfront, honest and let him know your stance on the situation and how you're feeling. He may need some time to get his head around it so don't dwell too much on his immediate reactions, especially if they're negative. Good luck :flower:

I'd also tell him. I told my partner I was having a baby and he left me two days later, to then trying to make it work later on. Life wasn't meant to be easy. But he'll either man up and admit he made a mistake. It might take a toll on his ex, but they were on a break so we'll see. Its just one of those things. I wish you all the best and hopefully things will work out the way they are meant to :)

I agree with the other ladies. Itd be best to just tell him straight out, as hard as that can be. Tell him exactly what your feeling and as one of the previous posters said, don't get too down about his initial reaction if its a bad one. These things can take time, especially completely unexpected. I'm sorry your in this situation. Everything does tend to happen for a reason though so no matter what, I feel this baby will be a great blessing in your life :). Hopefully he'll step up as a father but the longer you wait to tell him, the more resentful he may be because he may feel like you betrayed him by "lying". Letting him know now will give him the time during your pregnancy to really digest everything and figure out what he himself is feeling, u know? A friend of mine had been in this same situation a few years ago and I was right there with her during that rough time & I do know this isn't very easy. Maybe write down exactly what you'd like to say when you tell him, just incase your mind goes a little blank from all of the nerves (I know I always forget important things when my nerves are going insane). I wish you all the best! I truly hope things go smoother than you may expect. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->