how do u cope?

moomin_troll

mummy to zane and corey
Reaction score
right zane is a little bugger at night n crys when we put him down so he ends up sleeping with me and i dont want it to continue because its nto fair on him so hv said feed him ect then put him down n let him cry and i no hes fine but find it so hard to let him cry.

at his 3pm feed he was fed ect n my oh put him to bed n he didnt cry at all it was great lol he slept for 3 hours and got up for his next feed and now ive put him down in his rocker chair so he stays up for abit cuz i want him to sleep tonight n he keeps crying i no he doesnt need anything.

how do u cope with lo crying i need help stayin away from him haha

I had a similiar issue. The first night in hosp the mw said about considering something to comfort her which surprised me because i didn't think mw's liked dummies. The next night she recommended it again, said her baby was exactly the same and a dummy stopped it. We always said she wasn't going to have a dummy though so we tried to get by without. We gave it a week of doing three hour shifts each in the night and gave in. Now with the dummy she sleeps on her own. She doesn't like her crib though and we have to put her in her pram carry cot, think it's cosier for her! Maybe something like that will help?

thanks for ur advice hes got a dummy which i wasnt guna use but started to use it when i was breastfeedin to give me a break lol

Oh hun,you just need to go through it...

When Lola-Rose had her growth spurt about 2 weeks ago she was crying sooo much.And it made me wanna cry! :(
I just held her,gave her her dummy,sat down with her and put her on my shoulder.She cried for a while but calmed down and fell asleep.
If he's tired at this time of day hun maybe you could put his bedtime routine forward?
Change him and and out his pj's on and see wether he falls asleep quicker?

hes been fed,burped,changed everything n hes not calmin down he stops cryin wen i pick him up but thats what i want him to stop him always cryin when he gets put down

How about in bed with you?

Lola-Rose is easy to put down in the evening but when she wakes up in the middle of the night she just doesn't want to go back to sleep.So I put her in bed with me and she falls asleep very easily and then once she's definitely down I move her back to her bassinet.

Also she may not want to go in there as it is cold, try putting her in a blanket. Then feed and put her in :D

TBH he is only 2 weeks old hun , and at that age Ella was the same and i would have her in my bed on me until she settled and was fast asleep and then put her down. Its not until she was older ( 2 months ) that i let her cry in her moss basket to sleep and now she sleeps in there no problem

Every midwife and HV tells you something different, but one of ours said that at the very start you need to cuddle them when they cry, they will learn that you are always there for them and then after a while be content to be left in their cribs cos they know they haven't been abandoned. I just cuddled mine if he wanted it, and even now I see my baby is content amusing himself for a while and sleeping by himself and he is 2 1/2 months. So what I'm saying really is that just by cuddling him doesn't mean he will turn into a clingy baby if that's what you're worried about. Or so I've been told, mine is still only little!

PS we coped by doing it together during the night (me and hubby) then taking it in turns to get up with baby in the mornings after say 8 or 9 o'clock and the other one got a lie in!:sleep:

aar i feel your pain hun!! My LO is definetly a crier but luckily the past 2 weeks no matter how much she cries during the days I still get her to sleep through at nights!!

But I had so so many sleepless nights and the cries are so much harder when your sleep deprived!! I used gripe water and changed my LO formula which has helped but as I say she is still irritable in the day and even then sometimes I cant cope!! I couldnt today!! I just cried with her!!

Success!!! last night i was able to find n change him n put him to bed he didnt have to sleep with me n he woke up every 3 hours for his feed but today hes only drinkin 2-3 oz every 2 n half hours when he was drinking 5oz the other day.

but we went shopping and hes still asleep so hes gone 4 hours without a feed so hopefully he will be good tonight if not i think ile have to have a fag haha

PS we coped by doing it together during the night (me and hubby) then taking it in turns to get up with baby in the mornings after say 8 or 9 o'clock and the other one got a lie in!:sleep:

i have to punch my oh to get him up when zane crys because he doesnt hear it cuz hes deaf in 1 ear n sleeps on his good ear hahaah clever git.

hes goin back to work on monday so i will be doing it all alone hopefully ile be fine:)

saw hv yesterday n she says zanes doin great hes 8lb 15 and is very allert for a 3 week old he can support his own head like a 6 week old so YAY i must be doin something right lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->