How do we cope?

Angel1990x

Reaction score
Just wondering if any other Mums have had this, I'm 35 weeks and for the past month all my little girls movments have been very strong, I have had what i believe is very painful BH, and my appetite has srunk massively ... im down to just the odd snack and toast ... I'm constantly thirsty though too much water makes me feel very ill,
and the cherry on top is now I have a throat infection and cant take anything for it ...

this last trimester has been so hard and tiring ... and I'm getting very panicky about my impending labour ... nothing is finished and ready and my OH is struggling with the changes and is scared too ..,

I'm hoping all this is normal, but i would like to know if you lovely ladies have any tips on how to cope better, fear and anxiety are driving me up the wall.

Thank you xx

I suffer from anxiety anyway so I'm always worrying about something! As this is my third baby though, I can tell you from my own experience that it really doesn't matter about getting every little thing finished and ready. For me I go a bit crazy beforehand wanting enduring to be in order but I think that's my version of nesting. In reality you just need some clothes and somewhere for baby to sleep, everything else you can deal with after if necessary. As for the feeling of anxiety about labour, it's perfectly natural. It's a big unknown but again speaking just from my own experience, once it starts you just get in the dive and deal with whatever comes, worrying about the unknown is in kids of ways more scary than creating with the reality.
As for your DH, I think again it's normal for them to struggle, as really it's all happening to you and they feel a bit powerless. When the baby is here he will have a big part to play and will feel much more involved.

The strong movements I have NO advice for, as DS1 was like that and all I could ever do was try and push him back in (he liked to make tents with my stomach) the only thing that helped me with BH was sitting in a doggy style position on the couch or bed. Stress is normal though I am ocd so it is a big struggle for me. Expecially having a toddler who is a tornado and another one on the way. Nothing ever stays the way I like it... fear of labor I must say is there no matter what. Just know that your mind and body take control when it happens. You just all of a sudden feel like you can and will do it and you focus on being able to hold your baby. This being my second I will say I'm still afraid though I know what's coming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->