how do you become attatched to your baby???..*think i need help*

sweetie of course we wouldn't judge, theres nothing to judge, we are all here for you :hugs: i too think stress, but maybe you'd feel better talking to your gp :hugs: thinking of you honey :hugs: x x x

I know exactly how you feel hun. When Grace cries and I know it's out of temper or for attention I wish I could just go into another room and leave her because it's so frustrating. When she is crying because she's upset I comfort her but any other time I just comfort her to shut her up!! I'm just very tense, what with lack of food, sleep, sex, affection... anything really plus I feel completely alone which doesn't help matters. Your situation probably isn't very helpful either, with all the tension in the house. Hope everything gets better for you soon x

:hug:

i agree with wobbs. going by what u have said in other posts u need some space to be u and not be supermum having to pick up every little thing straight away. we all have those moments when babys just cry and cry and u dont know what to do jack did it last night and i just left him to it and then i fell asleep. so i know how u feel.

:hug: xxx

Oh hun don't ever feel you can't talk to us:hugs: we are here to listen and help in any way we can.

It could be a bonding issue but I really think this is more a depression issue :( I have found this and in fact I might post it seperately as it is very good. Just answer the questions, think about it and answer honestly and if you score over the limit then get to the dr:hugs: I hope this helps you:hug:

Checklist

This checklist is not intended to be used to diagnose antenatal or postnatal depression. Instead, we hope that it will help you express the way you have been feeling over the past two weeks.

Some of the symptoms and feelings will be hard to admit, but we urge you to be honest, because this will make it easier for you to get the help you and your baby deserve. Remember that all new mothers feel this way some of the time. Such feelings are part of the adjustment to motherhood. But when mothers feel bad often, or most of the time, we believe that it is important that you get help from a health professional urgently.

TRY NOT TO FEEL GUILTY – YOU ARE NOT TO BLAME

At least one in ten new mothers do have clinical depression and anxiety during pregnancy and in the first year after the birth of a baby.

When you have completed the checklist, please add up your score, and look at how to interpret it. Please note the bulleted symptoms and feelings and the comment about them at the end.

Good luck. Please contact us if you need further information and help.

To complete the Checklist, please fill in the appropriate column - i.e. the one that comes closest to the way you have been feeling and thinking during the past two weeks.

0 = NOT AT ALL
1 = FROM TIME TO TIME
2 = QUITE OFTEN
3 = MOST OF THE TIME

Symptoms and Feelings 0

Appetite change ( )
Being forgetful ( )
Being indecisive ( )
Confused thinking ( )
Crying spells ( )
Fears or fantasies of harming yourself or others ( )
Fears or fantasies of harming baby ( )
Feeling afraid ( )
Feeling angry ( )
Feeling anxious ( )
Feeling depressed ( )
Feeling fatigued ( )
Feeling frustrated ( )
Feeling guilty ( )
Feeling hopeless ( )
Feeling irritable ( )
Feeling like a bad mother ( )
Feeling lonely ( )
Feeling no love for the baby ( )
Feeling numb ( )
Feeling out of control ( )
Feeling panicky ( )
Feeling that your baby would be better off without you ( )
Feeling trapped ( )
Feeling unsupported – that no-one cares about you ( )
Having scary thoughts ( )
Insomnia/changes in your sleep patterns ( )
Loss of concentration ( )
Loss of interest in your appearance ( )
Loss of libido – no interest in sex ( )
Loss of motivation ( )
Loss of self-esteem ( )
Mood swings ( )
Obsessive thinking – weird thoughts keep going round in your head ( )
Panic attacks ( )
Pre-occupation with death –often thinking about death and dying ( )
Suicidal thinking – thinking of killing yourself ( )
Unusual conflict and fights with people close to you ( )
Unusual physical symptoms- headaches, irregular heartbeat, nausea, “knot in your stomach” etc. ( )
Unusual weight gain or loss ( )
Other ( )
SCORE (write total score here) [ ]

CONTACT A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL IMMEDIATELY IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE SYMPTOMS THAT ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN RED.

GUIDELINES TO THE INTERPRETATION OF YOUR TOTAL SCORE

Less than 40 =MILD adjustment difficulties;
41-69 =MODERATE-SEVERE Depression and Anxiety
70+ =SEVERE DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY

I AM

[ ] WEEKS PREGNANT

[ ] AGE OF BABY NOW

[ ] TOTAL SCORE

If you score above 40, we recommend that you print this form and take it to your health professional immediately.

Please note: The CHECKLIST is intended to indicate and articulate the most common symptoms and feelings of Depression & Anxiety in pregnancy and during the first year after a baby. It is not an established diagnostic instrument.

©Liz Mills

Oh Hun, I didnt want to read & run :hugs: I do think you need a break. I sometimes feel like this about Olivia, although I think I know the reason behind it.

We wouldnt judge you hun!!

My mam had Olivia last night and it was just nice to get up in my own time this morning do my household chores and get things done that needed to be done. I think it helps to have a break, even if its just a short one.

x

:hugs:
huge thanks girls
sorry to offload

and thank you so much for your replies and support

going to see HV on tue on clinic day and have a word i think,,

xxx

Oh thats good hun. If you spoke to HV there would be no harm done im sure.

And if you ever need us we are all here too. It becomes worse when you bottle feelings up so much

x

:hug: Hope it all goes well on Tuesday.

And I feel the same as you sometimes. There are days when Hannah's being such a pill for no apparent reason and I do everything I can think of to make her feel better but nothing works and I just want to walk away, and than I feel bad for thinking that. It happens to us all :hugs: I'm lucky though because Stan is able to work home half days and he takes her a lot for me at night and in the evenings. Must be so hard not to have that :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->