How do you begin.. weight loss

gueyilla1985

Reaction score
How do you start the weight loss journey? Let me tell you about me i weight about 160lbs tops lol but anyway i am 5ft 1in. i had 3 children i recently lost my son and gained about 20lbs since his passing. i wanted to know if you have any suggestions on how i should begin my weight loss i have no idea where to begin. THANK YOU in advance.

, not got a lot of advice for you as I'm only really starting to get myself into shape too but wanted to offer support, I weigh 164lbs at the moment (I'm a little taller at 6ft) but I need to lose 14-20lbs to ge bk to pre-preggo weight and jeans! Boo. I piled on 80lbs + when pregnant (only lost the first chunk of weight with with bf-stuck now!)
I'm off for a gym induction in half an hour! Eeeeeeee scared! X P.s if u can't get to gym check out cindy Crawford's postnatal exercise DVD(can't remember its title sorry) but it's fab!!!
I also wanted to say that I'm sorry for you loss x x x

thank you for you support i reallt need it. i bought zumba on kinect and some sports gaqme and i think that ill start their. i weight alot for my size.lol

I quite fancy zumba, a friend of mine does it 3 times a week and she looks fab! Only problem is I have 2 left feet lol. Have you thought about weight watchers? I lost 50lbs when I was 18 by doing ww.am quite tempted to rejoin online. Off to gym again this morning - purchased a sports bra yday so I can actually run today without threat of two black eyes lol, I hate running though as I'm so heavy footed, didn't dear to go on treadmill yday as there was a very fit and very skinny woman runnng so fast, felt intimidated!!
You'll have to let me know what zumba is like, might try I out! X x

Hey chick

Firstly…im so sorry for your loss. :hug:

I lost 3 stone a couple of years back and have been learning about training, nutrition etc ever since. I am also now an Ambassador for a leading supplement company Maxitone. The company believes in eating healthy etc and provide supplements to help this. It is not a fad diet but a way of changing your lifestyle.

Without really knowing what your eating and when etc.. some quick advice from me would be:
- You must eat breakfast. People say its the most important meal of the day and it really is. If you dont eat breakfast ur body will think it is being starved and will hold fat as fat.
- Dont gorge on 3 big meals a day instead eat little and often. Try having 3 main meals and 2 snacks (fruit/veg) Eating little and often is much more effective when trying to lose weight. The reason you need ...to eat five to six small meals a day is because this helps your body use the calories more efficiently.
-There are plenty of "safe" supplements out there to help boost energy levels to help you if you are working out. (again Maxitone provide these)
- You need to exercise, by exercise you must be getting your heart rate up so if are able to do some exercise thats great! This also decreases the stress hormone cortisol and increase endorphins (your bodies feel good chemicals)
- Dont deny yourself a treat either, by doing this ur want it even more and will then prob end up "pigging out" try having a cheat day once a week..
- Dont get hooked on the scales, I have lost a lot of weight and then toned up alot so I weight more then my lightest as I have gained muscle
- Take measurements of ur body that way you will see where the weight loss is coming off.. Trust me u only need to start losing a bit and ur motivation will come from the weight u lose..
-If you can try and introduce protein in to ur diet, protein can be found in chicken, eggs, fish. Protein kills ur hunger so it keeps u feeling fuller for longer therefore there wont be the need to snack. Ur muscles also need protein in order to repair. Like I mentioned earlier Maxitone help with this by protein snacks, drinks etc
- Dont cut out fat and carbs. You need these in ur diet. Depending what u eat and what type of carbohydrate u have can have a significant impact on energy for exercise and across the day. (Try and have wholemeal breads/pasta/rice as they are lower in GI and will release energy more slowly and will keep ur energy levels balanced so u wont have a dip in energy that may lead to reaching for the sugary treats)

I lost a lost of weight not by dieting but by eating healthily and doing the above.. It took a year and ive continued to change my body by becoming more toned. Weight loss that will stay off has to be slow..

Ideally, weight loss wouldn’t be ‘fast’ but controlled. Fast weight loss tends to result in a rebound effect, which is where calorie intake dramatically increases and weight goes up. Normally, when people try to lose weight too quickly calorie intake is very low. Unfortunately, this is very difficult to sustain and people gain weight very quickly afterwards. The low calorie intake can also slow down the metabolism, making further weight loss harder.

1-2 pound a week is healthy weight loss.. However just remember to keep ur exercise etc varied. 1-2 or more pounds a week may be lost but you may reach a stage of platege where weight loss slows up. If this happens just change around what your doing so your not stuck in a rut..

Sorry this is a very very long page… If you have time have a look at their site there is so many helpful articles on nutrition and exercise. They really helped me when I first made the move to lose weight..

https://www.maxitone.com/affiliate/mtlanding-amie.html

Hope this helps xx

Thank you!!!! i will start this and see how it goes lol wish me luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back