How do you BF lying down?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
Is it too late for my 6 month old crappy sleeper to learn?

Super easy! Lie on your side and they should be able to latch right on lying stomach to stomach. I only had prolems when DS was tiny, because I had giant boobs, I kind of had to "lean in", but that should not be a problem for you.

I am doing it right now!

I don't even do tummy to tummy all the time, I just lay her down on her back and lie on my side right next to her, boobs lining up to face (obv!) and away we go! I don't think it'd ever be too late! It's not like a talent or anything.. I never used to do it when she was tiny but we do it all the time now. I'm doing it right now too! :)

I lie on my side, lie her on hers facing me and use whichever boob is nearest the ceiling if that makes sense! So if I were lying on my left side I'd use my right boob lol. I have to lean over a little but it isn't uncomfortable. Seems to work best for us - in fact, we bf in this position day and night mostly as it's most comfortable for us both.

I lie on my side, lie her on hers facing me and use whichever boob is nearest the ceiling if that makes sense! So if I were lying on my left side I'd use my right boob lol. I have to lean over a little but it isn't uncomfortable. Seems to work best for us - in fact, we bf in this position day and night mostly as it's most comfortable for us both.

I thought I was the only one using the top boob! LOL I just thought my boobs were long. I use them both actually, but if I do the "bottom" one, he plays with the top one...if I do the top one, he can't reach the other to play with!

I use the boob nearest the ceiling too! I can use both but the one nearest the ceiling is the easiest.
It's definitely not too late. I only started feeding lying down at 8 months I have no idea why I didn't start it earlier on as it does make things so much easier :)

I lay with a body pillow behind my back and I'm more in a 45 degree angle away from lo than right on my side. When we first started I would put my finger right beside my nipple to help guide him to a proper latch.

You ladies make me laugh, I can use the top boob but I have to lean so far forwards it is not comfortable for me at all :haha:

I've been trying to get this right with ds but so far no luck. When he does latch his nose is always squashed. I can't use the top boob because I am very small!
I got it right with dd but only tried when she was a few months old.

I really wish we could get it right because the kids are playing tag team at night and I'm exhausted.

I started out like that, before I discovered the top boob method, and my LO's nose always got squashed too. What's it getting squashed against? Mine's nose used to get squashed by my boob ... so I'd just hold that bit of boob out of the way. Lol. Maybe try propping his head up a bit?

P.S. Is it just me or is the word 'boob' suddenly really amusing? :haha:

For the nose.getting squished thing I would pull baby's lower body really close so they are on an angle rather than flat against you. Tiny babies often have a hard time.with side lying, we finally figured it out when he was about 3 months

Hmm, ceiling boob eh?..I've only ever used bed-side boob !.. Must give this a try tonight !! Although I feel like I'll be leaning awfully far forward..it's worth a try though !

We use the bed side boob too because I have to lean over with the top boob and it's like I am doing a half press-up to stop myself from lying on my baby's face, feels too dodgy! I am envious of you top boob feeders that can also use the bottom boob, doing that is like the holy grail of co-sleeping and breastfeeding because it means you don't have to physically roll over to switch sides during the night.

There are YouTube videos about feeding in the side lying position but honestly the best way is just to practice a lot until you find something that works. It took me a while to figure out what to do with my arm so that I didn't elbow my son in the face or get a dead arm. Also - pillows - I needed them to support my back but it took me ages to realise it, I just wondered why my back was so painful all the time.

...these long floppy boobs are finally good for something! Cieling boob! :haha:

Hahahah! Yup, it's possibly the only positive thing about having massive great boobs!

Team Ceiling! Go team!

Bed-side boob is good too though. You can just fall asleep and let baby do his/her business. When employing a ceiling boob, you have to be a little more conscious in case you suffocate your baby with said boob. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->