How do you calculate what week you are in?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
I'm 4w4d and I thought when looking at baby's development that i'm in week 4, but my pregnancy treacker on my FF says that 4w1d-4w6d is classed as week 5.

Which one is it?

If you've been pregnant (counting from LMP or adjusted for long cycle) for over 4 weeks you are then in week 5. I think it's like say you are, for example, 25 years old, but you are in your 26th year of life.

Oooh thats interesting. I thought at 6+5 I would be classed as week 6, but this means I am week 7????

I think so. Week one is when you have your period, at the end of that week you would be classed as being one week pregnant so week 2 must be one week and one day onwards etc.

Anyone asked a doctor/midwife?

Thanks JayDee. That sounds logical! I will ask midwife when I go x

hi,

i was confused by the same thing. but, if you look at this baby website it agrees with what the other ladies were saying:

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/stages/0107

"You are now seven weeks pregnant (or in your eighth week if that's how you prefer to count it)."

but then this still confuses me because its telling us to look at the development stage for "7 weeks pregnant" when you're in your 8th week of pregnancy :dohh:

Right so my mine question is...

I have an early scan booked for 8w3d and the stats on say that:

At 6 weeks we can see the gestation sac and yolk sac in the womb. Risk for miscarriage is about 10% at this stage.

At 7 weeks we can see a heart beat. Risk for miscarriage is now 5%

At 8 weeks if the heartbeat is present your risk of miscarriage is now only 2%

At 10 weeks if the heart beat is present and the baby measures appropriately for your dates, the risk for miscarriage is now 1%

We want at 8 week scan so should I go when I'm 8w and a few days or 7 weeks and a few days?

hi,

I would say 8 w and a few days if those are your reasons for going. because then you'll be 8 weeks pregnant but in your 9th week.

can I ask you where you got your "chance of miscarriage" stats from?

i've got a scan booked for 7weeks 6 days next friday and to see that if we see a heartbeat and everything normal again (last scan was 5 weeks 5 days and all was normal) then the chances of miscarriage being around 2% would be a big relief!

:)

I not sure when my scan will be books I'm 8 weeks by the time I go for my first OB, I'll be 9 weeks. Mom caculated it out for me so I'm not sure how to tell you, its too much for my brain hahahaha.

Interesting stats, where you get em from?

You are considered by be in the week beforehand if you are talking about what week you are in eg i am 8+5, so im in my 9th week but im still only 8+5 days pregnant.So you're not more pregnant than you are, but if you count what week you are in, you are one ahead.Clear as mud eh!

hi,

I would say 8 w and a few days if those are your reasons for going. because then you'll be 8 weeks pregnant but in your 9th week.

can I ask you where you got your "chance of miscarriage" stats from?

i've got a scan booked for 7weeks 6 days next friday and to see that if we see a heartbeat and everything normal again (last scan was 5 weeks 5 days and all was normal) then the chances of miscarriage being around 2% would be a big relief!

:)

I got it from here hun...

https://www.mums.me.uk/earlyscan_Fetal_Viability.htm

Great info - thanks

I'd wait till you are 8 weeks and a couple of days for no better reason than the longer you wait, the better picture you'll get!!

Alternatively, just go with whenever they can book you in....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->