How do you clean your bottles?

The bottles turned orange too? eek!

when i cold water steralized with milton it made all our bottles go all sticky and opaque instead of see through.. it really did my head in so much that when we stopped steralizing i went out and bought new bottles and put the old ones away for steralizing with baby number 2

when i cold water steralized with milton it made all our bottles go all sticky and opaque instead of see through.. it really did my head in so much that when we stopped steralizing i went out and bought new bottles and put the old ones away for steralizing with baby number 2
Thats what happened with Milton and all our dummies etc. They went all weird, sticky and white eww.

Wobbles - bottles didn't seem to go orange, more the lids and white bit (screw bit)

I scrub in HOT HOT water in sink then pour boiling water over the bottles then sterlise in an Avent steam one.

I wash dummies under tap tho lol

I wash and put the dummies in steraliser too ...

Maddie a thumb sucker, ellie a dummy sucker!

xxx

I always hand wash bottles and then use a microwave steriliser. I usually put dummies in boiling water about once a week to give them a boost, I used to do it daily but Austin's got to the stage of putting everything in his mouth so I don't really see the point in sterilising too much. (You can't sterilise cats...)

I used the dishwasher once (and sterilised afterwards too - didn't know if i needed to!) and it made my bottle lids and the handle of my pump go orange...i have no idea why! handwashed everything since then and use the Avent microwave steriliser (bought a cheap second hand one on ebay and it's brilliant!!)

Avent steam steriliser but i forgot how much a pain in the butt bottle's are and how you can never get them back to there 'new' state!!!

Tommee Tippee microwave steam steriliser - can also be used as a cold water one if microwave breaks down or power cut!

I wouldn't trust a dishwasher to get them clean enough. Think of all the scuzz you get stuck in there! I have the Avent microwave steam sterilizer.

I used to work in an animal care centre and we used milton to serilize all of their equipment & it used to change some of their stuff a funny colour or damage it. They were still safe to use - just turned opaque or went a dodgy colour.

hand-wash then use the avent micro steraliser, which is a pain coz i now have dr brown bottles and have no room for the lids which i pop in a big jug and fill with boiling water..
when im up my sisters overnight i steralise in her dishwasher and my bottles have always come out great :)

i soak mine in VERY hot soapy water for about an hour, then i scrub them and rinse them and put them in a steam sterolizer

x

I have dr brown bottles too and a tommy tippee steraliser so I know what your talking about! I'm pretty new here by the way so just thought I'd say hello!

Soak, scrub, rinse then steam sterilise them

Bottles are fine in dishwasher as long as you clean it! Its a boil wash and steamed however the teats go an off colour which someone said but then OHs Mum did this and they came back orange :cry: still soaking & sterilising though!

Someone suggested the cleaning dispenser things (was it you Tezzy) with the scrub brush at end - worst mistake! OH said "won't they scratch" I was like no others have said they do it as the pad is soft bu he was right they are scratched so thats my worst tip I've acted on (soz lol).

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"