How do you combat the fear of miscarriage?

brandi91

Reaction score
Hey, girls! I will be 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow after 3 1/2 years of infertility. We did IUI to conceive this cycle. We are overjoyed! Still, I’m finding it so hard to relax. My mind is constantly spinning and finding itself at the worst case scenario.

We had 3 BETAs done, and my HCG is doubling like it should, so that’s great. My progesterone is nice and high at 47. I will go in for an early ultrasound at 6 weeks and 4 days. I am just terrified that there will be no heartbeat. Or that even if things look good, there will be a loss later on.

I know that there is no way to predict these things, but it’s really taking away from enjoying my pregnancy. I just want this baby so badly. Any words of wisdom?

Don't dwell on the negative thoughts. I catch myself stressed about losing the baby and I would have to tell myself that it was an intrusive thought and that everything was okay. I know that it is very stressful and I found the only way to cope was through positive self-talk.

I promise I'm not stalking you. :haha:

I was exactly like you during early pregnancy (well pretty much the whole thing tbh). In the beginning before our first US I remembered that it’s really unlikely that you’ll miscarry without any bleeding - so if I wasn’t bleeding everything was probably fine (regularly peeing on pregnancy tests helped too!) Then after the first US we saw the heartbeat and your miscarriage rate drops to less than 5%. I bought a doppler and could listen to his heartbeat after 9 weeks. That was a lifesaver. I bought the AngelSounds brand which was like $30 - worked great.
And then finally at 24 weeks baby is viable and that was kind of the final sigh of relief, because baby was finally at a point that he could be helped by doctors if need be.
It’s a roller coaster for sure but try and stay positive and congratulations on your pregnancy!

I think for me it was accepting that i had no control over what happened... all i could do was make myself as healthy as possible, continue to tell myself that right then i WAS pregnant and even if something did happen, i wanted to enjoy it right at that moment, and remind myself that statistically i would be delivering a healthy baby in x months/weeks time.

Have you read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle? I really recommend it. It changed my life. I now feel that by living in the present moment I am worrying less plus I cannot control what happens with this pregnancy so I aim to enjoy it x

I think for me it was accepting that i had no control over what happened... all i could do was make myself as healthy as possible, continue to tell myself that right then i WAS pregnant and even if something did happen, i wanted to enjoy it right at that moment, and remind myself that statistically i would be delivering a healthy baby in x months/weeks time.

I agree. I have battled with those thoughts but came to the realization that worry wastes precious time.

Blessings to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->