How do you cope with morning sickness and a toddler?

new_mummy

Reaction score
It's just starting to kick in for me and I remember with DS, I could hardly leave the house from 7-15 weeks. :wacko: Back then I had the luxury of staying in bed all day but now I am looking after DS as well, and I take him to lots of groups/activities during the week. How do you cope with the nausea/sickness as well as having an energetic toddler on your hands? :cry:

Im recallng too my aweful ms i had when preg with dd, vomiting every morning with an 18m old was rough! They wont remember these days where you are slack and kying on the sofa. I say this now and yet i have the guilt again this time round. Its not forever, i remember that being pregnant with a toddler is worse than have a newborn and toddler, it gets better eventually.

My MS has just started kicking in too, in fact it was very funny yesterday, we were driving and LG was in the back.
I was huffing and deep breathing trying to control the sickness, and she was copying the sounds I was making in the back perfectly.

We were both laughing so much, it kinda took the sickness away.

But this morning it's been bad too, so we've just taken it slowly, lots of Peppa but she's napping now so I'm taking it easy x

My dd isn't a toddler yet she's 9 months. She's into everything except the tv! For some reason I'd convinced myself I wouldn't get so sick this time! How very wrong I was :dohh:

Gem : Same here! LO is 10 months so I have no idea what Ill do with him. He has no interest in the tv yet

I had a toddler twice when preg and both my sons came in and helped me when I threw up. I hated them seeing it but my oldest would freak out a bit as I didn't throw up silently. But he got used to it and slapped my back, handed me a towel and pampered me.

Peppa pig.. And toast! :)

I have a 2year old and she's a handful! When she's good she's very good and gets me drinks as rubs my backs.. When she's bad oh lord she can be horrible!

We have created a sick box!

When mummy's sick we close the curtains and grab the box.. It has DVDs.. Books.. Puzzles. Easy quiet games! I find Fridays hardest as I always over do it at work midweek!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->