How do you curb cravings?

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I've been thinking about a curry and peshwari naan for two days now, but i was overweight pre pregnancy and up 8lb(5 in the last week?!?!) and I want to keep it minimal, I eat enough calories so that isn't the problem it's just the taste I want so bad. I feel like I am going crazy:haha:
How do you curb them?

I have GD so have to be very careful with what I eat. Sometimes
I just have to distract myself from cravings, other times I find a healthier alternative or just have a very small amount of what I'm craving. It's not quite the same but it's the best I can do!

I would allow yourself a treat here and there, if it's something you really fancy. Otherwise Maybe try to find an alternative - home cook the curry and have it with plain rice, and bake your own naan?

I definitely do still allow myself treats but I try not too go overboard! I had a nibble of toast and jam and that put it at rest for tonight, if it's still on my mind by the weekend I'll have to treat myself:) I've never successfully made a curry I've enjoyed in the kitchen, it's one thing I can't master! Maybe because I know it healthier than the takeaway:haha:

U could get it and share it with someone.
A tiny bit of it could work if its just the taste u crave xx

I'm supposed to keep my weight gain to 15 lbs. I've been trying really hard to control my portion size and eat healthy as much as I can. I do allow myself a small treat, but no more than one a day. Sometimes I try to have days where I skip treats completely. And every now and then, I try to make DH go for a walk with me, though it's been more difficult since it's been so hot where I am recently.

Liles: I would love to share but my OH is a HOT curry man, and plain naan and I am a rogan josh and peshwari naan:( cause neither of us ever finish the curry anyway!!
Ser: I'm trying to limit my gain as much, I have my fitness pal and have set it to maintain, sometimes I go over by 100-200 or have a big splurge but I mostly stick to it. I find it helpful having a limit, otherwise I'm a one more thing won't hurt kind of person lol. Well done on your healthy eating and keeping treats under control, it is harder than people realise sometimes!:)

I could use some advice. It's been a long day. Just put ds to bed and I'm sitting in front of the tv eating ice cream out of the container. Whoops. Lol

Bbbb we r the same here.
I like much milder stuff than Oh
I've gad takeaway twice this preg.
Not terrible
If I'm really craving ill hve it
Xx
I hve yo keep wait gain to a min too
Was way too heavy starting and got cholestatsis last preg
I put up ten pounds in first tri
Only could eat carbs with nausea
I've put up nothing in second tri.
Gonna keep on putting on nothing
Hopefully till the end :)
Hope u get ur taste of curry :)
Xx

With great difficulty... My craving is cement 😩

With great difficulty... My craving is cement ��

Literally cement? I know some people eat chalk. Pica (craving/eat on food items) can indicate a vitamin or mineral deficiency. I definitely want more ice when pregnant and can't stand water without ice, but I can't chew it without getting the hibby jibbies. Never had a problem with my iron even though people with iron deficiencies often chew ice.

Cement, grout, breeze blocks 😬 ive had it with all my babies, it's awful, especially walking around diy shops 🙈 my irons fine too x

Cement is a hard one! I don't think you should give into that one lol. I managed to stay away from the curry but I haven't exactly been good:dohh: but still a lot less calories than a curry!

Bbbb we r the same here.
I like much milder stuff than Oh
I've gad takeaway twice this preg.
Not terrible
If I'm really craving ill hve it
Xx
I hve yo keep wait gain to a min too
Was way too heavy starting and got cholestatsis last preg
I put up ten pounds in first tri
Only could eat carbs with nausea
I've put up nothing in second tri.
Gonna keep on putting on nothing
Hopefully till the end :)
Hope u get ur taste of curry :)
Xx

I was the same first tri, so nauseated. I could barely stomach anything but now I can i feel like I'm making up for lose time:blush: well done on putting on nothing in the second trimester so far! I'm up 7-8lb and hoping to stay at that til the end too, I put on 5 stone with my last pregnancy and I learnt from that mistake!!

I could use some advice. It's been a long day. Just put ds to bed and I'm sitting in front of the tv eating ice cream out of the container. Whoops. Lol

I think it tastes so much better from the tub(Especially hagen daaz) and often I hit the bottom when I do:blush:

Ben and jerrys phish food is my fave.
I don't buy it very often
Cos I'm very likely to eat it all
And feel sick!!
Pure child with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member