How do you deal with School Holidays?

hawalkden

Reaction score
I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant and already flapping about when Peanut is in school and how I'm going to cope with when they are off school for the million holidays regarding childcare or time off work..

I want to go back part time to work well in a different job when my maternity pay/leave is up and hopefully work 3 days. If me and OH are still living in the same house/area when Peanut is at pre-school age I'd like them to go to the local Pre-school so they can get into the local Primary School.

I have worked in pre-school settings and I know they only work school terms and session times so from the age of 3 I need to start thinking about childcare when they don't go to pre-school and I'm working.

I was thinking of my parents (when I was growing up I went to my dads mum and I found it very boring due to her not being as mobile and having a routine of mon, wed and fri mornings was shopping days!) but my parents work full time and even though my mum has offered to finish work and we pay her to look after LO OH thinks for the money we'll be giving her they can go to Nursery Fee's also the interaction with the other children.

My grandparents and definitively OH grandparents couldn't look after LO due to being old and got their own lifes going on. Also how they bring/brought their grandchildren up I don't believe their morals. I respect them and love them but can see Peanut getting away with a lot!!!:lol:

Just wondering how you ladies cope and work around childcare when your LO's are off pre-school or school?

take any help that is offered, parents siblings ect. if you got paid at the end of august (example) most of your wage will be taken up with a childcare setting. alot of places offer holiday club at a much cheaper rate, they have great activities and other children to play with. look at the local community centers or the local churches and schools.

We had a place at a local child minder for any days my parents couldn't babysit (normally 1-2 days a week), I know it's not in some people's budget but it's been a life saver for us, especially since she picks up too!

We have childcare close to home. Hubby drops all three of them off, and I pick them up. Works great!

This is our problem now that I am looking to go back to work, one kid is in school the other has a yr and a bit, so she is costing the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->