How do you deal with your emotions on a BFN?

LittleLady510

Reaction score
This was our first month ttc so all of this is very new to me and I don't even understand it all. I am super disappointed that I'm not pregnant this month. Two days ago (Thursday night), I had strong cramps and back pain. The next morning I notice a tiny, tiny drop of dark spotting in my panties. That was it and I haven't had any spotting since so I tested this morning. I was praying it was implantation bleeding but I guess it wasn't. My AF should show up tomorrow or Monday.

This was our first month trying which I know it takes average couples months. This is all so new to me. How do you deal with the disappointment of a negative?

My OH and I tried for awhile in the past but I just got off of bc and my cycles were a mess. It was too stressful to figure things out so we took a long break. This was our 1st month ttc and I had so many crazy symptoms I haven't had before. It gave me a lot of hope, but I refused to test right away because I could not handle a bfn. I was crushed yesterday when my af came.

The best way to handle it is to talk with your OH and allow them to comfort you. It's painful for both parties involved. Join a forum on here with ladies who have the same or close to the same cycles. I have found that to be a huge support system. Keep in mind some women will get a bfp, but you might find someone going through the same issues as you. Don't get discouraged and keep your head up.

I have been TTC number 2 for 23 months now, and my only way of handling bfns after this long, is to not take any. AF was due for me either last monday or today (took a month off OPKs and BBT) and it hasnt arrived. but i'm holding out till at least the 10th to test! because I simply cant handle another negative.

sorry it's not much help - it's devastating every time :( but! if it helps at all, the first few months are the hardest. The advice Smille gave is great though :) it's always good to find someone going through the same problems.

good luck, and I hope you get your BFP soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->