How do you decide if your LO is hungry?

If you're worried why not offer her food when she's just getting a little narky or even when she's quite happy. If she's hungry she'll take it and if she's not she won't.

We know for certain when he is hungry as he cries like his world is about to end. Our biggest mistake is if we let him see his bottle while its still warming up....

Toria I'm sure your little girl would cry almost all the time if she was hungry.

She doesn't really seem to be getting bigger. The only reassurance I'm getting is her nails growing 10cm a week! :rofl:

:rofl:
Like I said, I wouldn't worry about it.
I remember you saying she gained alot at first, and it's probably just catching back up to her and now she's not really gaining alot.
As long as she is happy and playing then she is probably fine. She wouldn't laugh and play if she was starving!

in the 1st month ( as a 1st time mummy ) he always cried and/or sucked his hand, so i fed him. if he's hungry he would eat ( i guess ) and if he;s still crying i check his bum, wind him,check his temperature. did everything i could think off
now he only cries when he's hungry so it's easier for me. Well, not much easier because he doesn;t suck his hand anymore and lots of time he doesn't cry.
so if he starts whining i just stick my boob out for him,lol

She doesn't seem like she's small. At Bella's 4 month check up she was 16 lbs 13 oz. That's considering she was 10.5 lbs when she was born. So Caitlyn, isn't much smaller than her.

I also don't think she is small. I was told when I had dd that ROUGHLY babies double their birth weight by 6 months, and treble it by a year.

I bet she will soon have a gowth spurt anyway!!!

As others say, theres no way she would content herself if hungry!!! And if shes getting plenty of wet nappies, then she is fine.

Jayce also uses body language... I usually know he is hungry before it gets to the point of crying. For example, he will suck on his fists, or anything for that matter, he also starts to breathe faster (more frantically), and his he maks his chin flat, curls his tongue and puckers his lips, like as if he if trying to BF.

Don't worry Toria, Caitlyn seems to be going great!!! Very healthy looking.

She isn't small atall. She has alot of baby chub and her height is on the 91st percentile. She is just not gaining weight anymore. I guess they all go through times of not gaining and she seems happy enough. :)

She doesn't really seem to be getting bigger. The only reassurance I'm getting is her nails growing 10cm a week! :rofl:

:rofl: Sam's are the same and I'm still so scared of cutting them!

I really wouldn't worry about her weight gain at all...but just saw somewhere else that you said she has green poo. If it's all the time, have you tried feeding her on the same breast for 2 feeds in a row? You probably know this but it can be a sign of a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance - poo is often green if they're getting more foremilk than hindmilk, so if you stick her back on the same breast again the next time she's hungry she should get more of the foremilk (and more calories too so might make a difference to her weight gain). Just a thought but if she seems content and she's feeding well it sounds like she's doing fine :D x

Max lets me kow right away when hes hungry ..he eats his fists lol so I change his bum and then feed him

I can kind of just tell... he has a different cry, Sometimes through the day if he needs a sleep (which is rare!) I feed him as its the only way he drops off

xxx

Mia starts to 'squig'.... she get's all squirmy and tries to eat her hand... mussy... my cheek... anything within the vicinity of her mouth. :D I'm trying to not let her get to the point of crying so that she doesn't think that's what she has to do to be fed. I call her my little Squigamoo :lol: Ya know the spiderpig song in the Simpsons... I sing this.. but it's, squigamoo... squigamoo... does what ever a squigamoo does..... :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->