How do you feel for your coil strings????

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
OK, so i'm a bit squeamish about putting my fingers up there (I know its probably crazy but I am!!) but last time I tried to feel for my strings I put my finger is as far as I could but couldn't feel anything like strings??

I only had it fitted 3 months ago, the GP has checked and said its fine and that the strings are still a bit like fishing wire (gross!) but that they will soften in time.

Ive had the Mirena.

Can anyone give me any tips? Is there any position thats best?

Thanks!!

I've had Mirena for close to two years now and I've never felt my strings. At my past OB appointment she asked me if I ever have, I said no, she said no worries. As long as they aren't coming OUT not to worry.

Thanks. I guess Im just a bit paranoid about getting pregnant, as wouldn't know if it has moved/dislodged without checking?

I don't check them tbh, I've had it for a few years now barring getting it removed last year for pregnancy, the last dr left them a bit longer apparently so I could check but I still don't. I think I did try first time around but couldn't find them.

I just got mine fitted- so I haven't checked yet. Still kinda getting over the trauma of my fitting! lol. Plus- the thought of something up there kinda makes me squirm... but... I would think if you feel Ok then your fine (i.e. you don't feel anything odd going on). I don't know if any of my friends actually felt for the string? I still need to go back for my followup to make sure it's still placed correctly... so I'll ask my OB then ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->