How do you heat up baby food when you're out?

Flower

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As title really - maybe a silly quesso - but Jensens only been on his 3rd week of solids and we're off out for the day on Monday.

I'm assuming restaurants/pubs don't warm baby food up - health & safety and all that rubbish.

I have a flask that I use to heat up his bottles - which works really well - would I be able to use that & how?

How do you heat yours up?

I've never warmed Sam's when we've been out and he doesn't seem to mind. I always take jars with me though as it's so much easier, and the hipp organic ones aren't too jellyish if you use them cold...some others seem to be a horrible consistency if they're not heated first.

I'm sure standing it in some hot water for a bit before you use it would work though...and some places might let you use their microwave - I've never asked though x

i would just ask them to warm it up in there microwave or ask for a bowl of hot water. but sometimes if we're out for only part of the day i would swop her meals round so give her lunch at dinner time instead because then you can just give her something that is meant to be cold like babyrice or a mashed banana or something like that.:thumbup::dance:

I haven't had to do it yet... but we have special baby dished here that you can fill the underneath part with hot water and put the food in the top and it keeps warm.

If we are getting a meal there is usually enough things that he can eat on the plate so we just give him share of ours. (My baby eats mashed food though, prob not so easy if your baby needs puree?)

If we are just getting coffee or something he can't share I would just give him room temp food and he doesn't mind at all.

On Monday I did try heating his food very hot in the micro before we went out so it would be cooled when he needed it. Temperature wise it worked ok, but the lid of my tupperware is all warped from putting the lid on when the food inside was hot.

I'd probably just take foods that she could eat herself (but Hannah's not fond of purees on the best of days), so bananas, cheese, piece of toast etc.

I always end up giving Alasdair yoghurt and fruit pots when we're out. It's much less fuss. He has some finger food when we're out too but it is just so messy!

Our debenhams have a microwave and often independent cafes will warm your food. The only places I've heard of people having problems getting food warmed are subways and starbucks.

Thanks for you're replies guys, i shall try to give him it room temp then (just seems wrong to me lol - cold cottage pie!)

does anyone know at what age can he have a yogurt?

you'll get a lot of different replies to that one! We started giving Hannah yogurt 3 days shy of six months

Thanks for you're replies guys, i shall try to give him it room temp then (just seems wrong to me lol - cold cottage pie!)

does anyone know at what age can he have a yogurt?

Well I've been told 6 months... but good luck to you finding full fat yog for him that isn't full of sugar, nearly everything I see is low fat/ no fat!

I like to make my own food but when out and about it's safer and less stressful to take a jar or pot of Hipp Organic food....as Sam's mum said, the Hipp ones aren't as thick as the others which are far too "claggy" at room temp. You can get tiny jars of Hipp too called "first tastes" which will be a better size for a baby who as just started weaning:happydance:

Yogurts and fromage frais can be introduced at any stage of weaning babe, the jury is still out on this and as weaning isn't "supposed" to be till 6months I think that why most people say 6months:shrug:

My Health Visitor has always advised me to wean my babies at 4-5months as they've been showing "the signs" etc and she's always said yogurts are fine from then. Just make sure you take it out of the fridge at least 10-15mins before feeding to baby otherwise it can be a bit too cold on their little tummy:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->