how do you keep toys tidy?

How did we ever organise our homes before expedit???!!!! We have 6 different units in our house!

We have most of Emily's toys in the sitting room, its being used as a play room now as we use the living area that is off the kitchen to watch telly & surf the net etc, she has her large toys on the floor & we have some large plastic boxes for her smaller toys but they always end up toppled onto the floor :growlmad: I spend so much time bent over picking them up - no wonder I have a bad back!! I'm trying to teach her to pick them up but no joy yet!!!

We have the expedit units downstairs & in the kids bedroom. Then big toys that dont fit in the boxes are behind the sofa & in their bedroom to get out when they want.

In a dream world we would have a nice big playroom to keep all the toys and I could shut the door and not have to see any toys after the kids had gone to bed xx

Iv just looked up these expedit units and they look really good, do use leave them open like that or put little baskets in them? Theres one on wheels that looks good

Iv just looked up these expedit units and they look really good, do use leave them open like that or put little baskets in them? Theres one on wheels that looks good

You can buy fabric boxes for them in store (think they are about £2.50 a box)

we have black boxes downstairs, Green boxes for Tristan and pink floral boxes for Amelia upstairs and I have kept the top row of boxes open and that is where we store

Xx

Living room wise...we have a side board that has two wicker basket drawers for his most used things..his art easel, toy car, hoover etc get linned up against the wall. The cuboard under the stairs has them plastic tubs full to the top of everything else!

In his room its mainly just his bookcase that gets messy as he is a bookworm and refuses to have just one out :dohh:

We have the expedit (surprise surprise) in the living room, and a wicker basket. In his bedroom he has a bookcase with most of the books in

We have a large sideboard with 8 drawers in the front room for downstairs toys so that limits the amounts between up/down. Less clutter.

This is our main toy storage :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 11
Were also expedit fans lol! Actually need to get a few more - the toys are out of control :haha: xx

We have big bookcases in the playroom and I have boxes for all the little toys - I keep every ice cream carton etc :haha: I have them all labelled so we know what belongs where. She has one for little animals, one for figures, a bigger one for all her cars (I got some big boxes in Home Bargains for £1.49 each), one for her dinosaurs and her my little ponies and one for her musical instruments. the boxes are all on the shelves of the bookcases. We have a crate with all her teaset type stuff in it and a big flexi tub for everything else. Her doll's house, pram etc are all just standing in the playroom. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->