How do you know what's baby on Doppler?

jenniferannex

Reaction score
So I've just got my sonoline B, tried it out and thought I heard babies heartbeat, I heard my placenta first (the whooshing sound) the moved it around and on my bikini line to the right I found what sounded like a heartbeat, on the screen it said 150 heartbeat but that kept going down, so I counted myself but still only got 68 :shrug: (I counted how many I heard for 15 seconds and multiplied by 4)

What do you ladies think I'm hearing?

Ok I think I just heard the placenta :( as it's at the left side aswell, does that sound about right? Will try again for babies heartbeat tomorrow

The placenta noise is more whoosy than a heartbeat... The baby's heart beat will sound just like ours but much faster... So if u heard that then I would say its baby you heard :)

Quite often it will fade out and come back as the baby moves <3

If u go on YouTube u can find great examples:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LKKFv-GUIBY&desktop_uri=/watch?v=LKKFv-GUIBY

I really did think it was baby until I heard the exact same on the left side and as the heart rate was so low! It's so confusing!!!

I looked on YouTube and they sound really fast compared to what I heard so I'm not sure :shrug:

Thank you for replying!! :D

You're probably hearing your heartbeat. I find it helpful to check my own pulse when I find any heartbeat.

You'll definitely know baby when you found it. Mine was quieter than I expected but I guess that's because he's deep in my pelvis. It's double the speed of your heart.

Mmmmm try again Tomo. I always make sure I have a full tummy and bladder as I find baby easier then haha x good luck!

Thank you girls!

Magpie I will definitely time my pulse next time I didn't think about that, thanks! Xx

Sometimes I hear what's almost like an echo of my own heart beat. I reckon it's picking up an artery and a vein at the same time.

The baby sounds a bit like a steam train going really really fast like a "chug chug chug" noise.

Thanks girls, I did some research and looked at videos on you tube and found out the noise to the left and the right was an artery, and my placenta was what I heard in the middle. So just abit too early to find baby, but I know exactly what I'm looking for now!! :D

Not helpful at all but I'm jealous that your doppler has arrived! I haven't had a dispatch notice or anything for mine! :(

Oh and mine works best is I put my bum on a pillow and have an empty bladder as I have a tilted womb.

Ahh that's rubbish rachie where did you buy it?

Thanks Becca I don't think I have a tilted womb but going to try that anyway later :D

I think I ordered it late Wednesday night. It's my own fault, I took a punt on the free delivery option - sometimes it turns up with a day or two. I'm sure it'll come this week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->