How do you know when CD1 is after MC?

ginamurr

Reaction score
When is CD1 after a MC? Is it the first day of bleeding or is it the first day you stop bleeding or is this something I won't know again until I start a new cycle?

Any thoughts?

Hey Gina,

Looks like me and you are both in the dark with this. I don't know the answer but decided I'll just let nature take it's course and not worry about CD's for a while (unless af doesn't return for a long time of course) I've never experienced pregnancy or mc until now so I don't know how my body will react. Are you the same?

I am however straight back on the TTC bandwagon. I do not feel I have to wait for CDs/OV/temping etc...... just going to do plenty BDing and see what happens :winkwink:

Good luck finding the answers you need sweetie :hugs:

Hey Gina,

Looks like me and you are both in the dark with this. I don't know the answer but decided I'll just let nature take it's course and not worry about CD's for a while (unless af doesn't return for a long time of course) I've never experienced pregnancy or mc until now so I don't know how my body will react. Are you the same?

I am however straight back on the TTC bandwagon. I do not feel I have to wait for CDs/OV/temping etc...... just going to do plenty BDing and see what happens :winkwink:

Good luck finding the answers you need sweetie :hugs:

I am with you. I never had a MC before, so I do not know what to expect.

I think I am going to get an OPK so I can predict better. I usually just go by CM, but I think I need help this month.

:dust: to you!

i would go with first day of bleeding although many peoples first cycle after mc is longer than normal. So opks are probably your best bet for the first cycle x

I miscarried 8 weeks ago had erpc and bled for about a week, I still haven't ovulated yet so my periods a long way off yet. the time before when I miscarried I got my period 6 weeks after mc so I think everyone and everutime.is different

I had a D&C done Sept 10,2010 and was 8 weeks along but confirmed it was a blighted ovum!
So I'm on CD27 and Ovulated Oct.1st (CD22) Everything is just zoo messed up! I am currently waiting for either a :bfp: or :witch: to show up in about 2 weeks (Oct.14ish)

I counted it as the first day of bleeding. With my 5 week loss I took that as cd1 ovulated and fell pregnant on cd18.

With Isabella I took the day I delivered her rather than the day she died.

I'm sorry for your loss

I counted it as the first day of bleeding. With my 5 week loss I took that as cd1 ovulated and fell pregnant on cd18.

With Isabella I took the day I delivered her rather than the day she died.

I'm sorry for your loss

Thank you - same to you - I can't imagine what you have gone through :-(

So, you got your BFP 18 days after your MC at 5 weeks??? That was fast :)

Did your doctor advise you to wait by any chance? that is what I am hearing - I was told 2 wait 2 FULL CYCLES - um, no thanks...

the surgeon who perfomred my erpc after my 2nd missed miscarriage said to wait a year before trying to avoid the same thing from happening again... all the doctors surgeons health websites have different opinions on this - does make you worry though

hi girls,

I read online yesterday that new research conducted in Aberdeen recommends that women who concieve within six months of a miscarriage do not pose a risk of the mother having another miscarriage.It makes very interesting reading and is a valid piece of research conducted over 20 years and used nearly 31,000 women.
heres the link

https://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/08august/pages/conceiving-baby-after-miscarriage.aspx

I had my second miscarriage on 11th sept and I ovulated on 30th sept,so am assuming that I'll have a period sometime around 14th october.

Happy reading xx

hi girls,

I read online yesterday that new research conducted in Aberdeen recommends that women who concieve within six months of a miscarriage do not pose a risk of the mother having another miscarriage.It makes very interesting reading and is a valid piece of research conducted over 20 years and used nearly 31,000 women.
heres the link

https://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/08august/pages/conceiving-baby-after-miscarriage.aspx

I had my second miscarriage on 11th sept and I ovulated on 30th sept,so am assuming that I'll have a period sometime around 14th october.

Happy reading xx

Great article! Very reassuring - thanks for sharing!

I had a 5 weeks mc on the 11th too....but yesterday i was due and no sign for af yet,,so whats going on..I had lots of pregnancy symptoms..I got bfn yest but Im not sure when I ovulated ,,so if I ovulated late i mean on the 1st or 2nd then it means that Im only 10 dpo today and that it couldnt show on a 50 mIU/mltest yest!

hi there i had a mc at 6 weeks 4 days, when you stop bleeding which should be approx 7-10 days different for everyone, when you get your next period you count that as cd1 i did as its the 1st day of your next period. xx

hi sorry about the other post i thought you meant the next cycle, yes you are right you count cd1 from when you stat having mc the day you start bleeding you kinda count that as if your having a period but sometimes its hard to work out when your gonna ovulate coz it doesnt really regulate untill you have another cycle, i just carried on having unprotected sex after my mc in july and got pg in august so it can happen hpe your ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->