How do you know when its a kick???

toria_jayne

Mummy to Oliver, exp #2
Reaction score
This might be a daft question but can you tell when baby kicks and if so how? ive had wierd pains low in my tummy a few times a day sometimes they last a few mins sometimes seconds but not sure if its baby kicking...

had heartbeat checked at hosp on thurs so know he's ok, just thought I should be feeling an obvious kick by now x

the odd time a kick has hurt me down low. Also depends on what way the baby is lying. Mines turned round so I havnt really felt it to the front its kicking my intestines and lady bits fromthe inside. I am only feeling mine for sure this last few weeks. I always did but ot enough to be sure it was proper kicks. If the heart beat is fine thats ok, think about 20 weeks I went to hospital and didnt feel baby kicking for 2 days and got the doppler and it was fine. Had SPD also so freaked out a bit.

Lye on your back see if it will move up.

the only way i can explain it its like chewing chewing gum blowing a bubble and popping it inside ya mouth, it'll get more frequent and stronger and then you'll know for sure...

i cant explain it any ther way lol

It is really hard to tell with your first pregnancy isn't it!?!? I kept feeling bubbles in my tummy and thought "ooh is that a kick?" Then realised, nope, just gas!! I didn't ever really think her first movements hurt me, although they do now sometimes. The first movements were more like bubbles, real full on kicks you can't really mistake them! Shouldn't be long for you now before you can't mistake the babys movements for anything else.

the only way i can explain it its like chewing chewing gum blowing a bubble and popping it inside ya mouth, it'll get more frequent and stronger and then you'll know for sure...

i cant explain it any ther way lol

I completely agree with the chewing gum! Thats how it felt for me the first time last week!

I felt definate kicks from 18 weeks its really hard to describe but you definately know it when it happens. I can feel them from the outside now aswell. It just feels like pushing from the inside.

thanks all, pretty sure thats what im feeling but hey guess will know for sure soon enough!

I didn't start to feel movements until about 21 weeks - then they started and felt like the other have described. Now they seem to be getting stronger and stronger. At first I only really felt them when I was leaning forwards - I was probably squishing him or something!!
You will start to feel things in the next week or so I reckon.

Mine just feel like a mini kick now and have been since about week 20. From 17-20 weeks they were more delicate like flutters. It's really obvious now though since I can see them and I can tell I'm being poked from the inside lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->