How do you know

Im having a baby!! :)
Reaction score
Okay this might sounds like a stupid question but how do you know your baby is head down?

At my scan i was told baby in breech and that the hard lump i kept feeling (i thought was head!) is actually spine.

So how do i know if she gets head down? I have been told she is a wriggler and keeps moving about too much so one miunute she will be head down and next doing the marathon run lol. how do i know for sure.

Im not talking about head engaging just yet, just in the head down position. I haev been advised to do ceratin exercises to get her into head down position and to try get her to stay there instead of wiggling, but not sure when she is lol x

Mine's head down now, but I could tell when he/she went because the head is slightly harder than the bum (when you're feeling around) and when he/she is wriggling and sticks her bum out, I also feel the pressure of his/her feet pushing. I can also trace from the harder lump (head) along the spine to the slightly less hard lump (bum)

However I did spend a fair bit of time on maternity during my nursing training so I can't be sure if that's what makes it easier for me to tell what I'm feeling.

It they are head down, they will kick higher up, where as if they breech they will be low down. There is still plenty of room in there. At your stage LO was all over the place and went head down and engaged about 35 weeks.

Dont worry about it. Still plenty of time

thanks ladies, MW just want me to get in practice, although a different midwife wasnt too bothered about it ! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->