How do you look after a baby when you are ill!!!

Flower

Reaction score
Hi have finally got the dreaded lurgey thats doing the rounds - I feel rubbish and my period has also come - so I'm feeling really crappy!!!

My OH can't take any time off to come look after us.

So how do you look after a baby when your ill!!!!!

I feel guilty not talking to him much - my throat is killing me! And also feel guilty for cycling from his playmat, to the jumperoo, to my lap!

All I wanna do is lie down! :sad2:

And the other thing is LO is bound to get it - if I feel this crappy then he is gonna feel worse - bless him - how do I prepare for it!

Next year am defo getting the flu jab!!!!

Me and JAck both have the lergy hes a bit better today but i feel bad and he has a short temper and wont spend anytime on his own wants me constantly at the moment hes asleep finally!!!!

i know how u feel its really hard :hug: x x x

hope u feel better soon x x

Aww, poor thing. I did this too because we have no family and if DH was at work, it was just me. It sucks. I would gather energy and try to make everything up ahead of time, like bottles, etc. Put in a movie. spread out tons of toys for the little mite. Heck, bring all the diaper stuff out too, if you have a higher table/dresser, use that as a diaper table. Make your need to travel around as short as possible. And when you feel a bit better, try to get a shower, it makes you feel human again. Good luck, feel better *hugs*

I was ill last month and I didn't have a choice but looking after the baby myself. I had a cold ,then he got it from me. i felt really bad but that was the only option for me then.

I have a throat and chest infection at the moment and i feel like crap, OH cant take time of work and i dont have any family apart from my sis who has two kids of her own, so I have had to suck it up and get on with it and I feel so sorry for myself LOL
Hope you feel better soon, make sure you sleep when LO does and maybe try to grab a relaxing bath you could let LO play on the bathroom floor xx

nothing you can do but go through it.
I have to just push it out of my head and dose up on tablets and get through each day.
:hugs:

me and the kids are ill and yes it is hard to look after them but no one elsefor me to do it as OH is at work so i just ave to bare it for my kids sakes.

I had a bad cold last week, and baby got the sniffles, cough and low fever, so we were both sick at the same time and it sucked, but my hubby works and we can't afford for him to take off. I have her lots of cuddles, saline nose spray and some infant tylenol. My LO is fine now but I'm sick again, and exaughisted and crampy cause I'm on my period too. I've also just been moving my Lo from my lap to the swing the her play mat and crib, and just sitting down and drinking lots of water and tea. As for keeping baby from getting sick, wash your hands a lot, it'll make a big difference).

don't feel guilty for just trying to keep him entertained. I was ill at the wkend and it was a nightmare as my OH was at work 9-4 then 5-10. I slept when Ally slept (very little but at least it's something!) and I just moved him from one thing to the other. It was so hard. By the end of the day I was desperate for him to go to sleep for the night.

Also, I've been quite surprised but (touch wood!) Alasdair hasn't been poorly yet even though my OH has had it.

Byron and I have both had horrid colds. He's not been sleeping at night because of snot and I've been upsetting him every time I cough. I'm still coughing but otherwise better and he is over it now. It was extra hard being poorly and not sleeping because Byron also wasn't. Yeah, don't feel guilty. We can only do so much, we're not superwomen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->