How do you make a baby happy?

S

Serene123

I've tried EVERYTHING. She is just so unhappy. Not all the time, granted, but alot of the time she is very unhappy and nothing will cheer her up. I'm sure it's her teeth but she has started hitting and pushing already :|

I'm sure you must be speaking about a different baby!!!

Caitlyn always looks happy.
Maybe it is her teeth, she's got so many already her mouth must be sore.:hugs:

Maybe I'm exhagerating. She is a happy baby but I'm so tired her patches of bad moods just make me so sad and they're all I can focus on :shrug:

I know it's hard when they're having bad times to just focus on those, you forget that sometimes they can be good.

i actuallly thought i read how do u make a baby nappy lol....but as for making her happy hun..im sure she is and ur doin evrthin u can its defo prob her teeth. xxx

Morgan can be like this, and literally go from one extreme to the other! And whenever anyone else is around she's all smiley happy chappy and makes me look a liar!!

The only thing I can say is babies are very good at picking up on their mum's mood.... You've got to admit you've been under a lot of stress lately and add lack of sleep into the mix and well, you've every right to be feeling on edge. Thing is, Caitlyn may well be picking up on it a bit and that may be making her grumpy as well.

I say this, as I know this can be the case with Morgan sometimes, and I end up losing my rag with her and shouting at her... and then incredibly guilty afterwards. However, when I put on an Oscar-winning performance and be as happy and bubbly as I can with her (even when I feel like screaming into a pillow) her mood does seem to lift a bit.

Don't know if that'll help you at all, but if you can find even just 5 mins every day to just switch off and chill yourself out a bit, you'll both probably feel better!
:hug:

ali can be one grumpy little man too so i know where you are coming from as you start taking it personally. he has one temper on him when he gets going - he gets bored really fast and needs to be played with constantly. it is very tiring. he still hates the buggy so has major tantrums when trying to get him in it!!!!! i am sure they love us - just have their grumpet days too!!

I agree with tabs about the stress thing on your part... The only way you can make sure your baby is happy is providing all their needs.

Hitting and pushing is not acceptable, no matter what age and it needs to be addressed, which is hard with a baby so young, but she is old enough to understand no and understand the tone of your voice.

I think lack of sleep is getting to you both... I know you dont like hearing or thinking about this, but perhaps it is time to think about her own bed. In the beginning babies dont need routines, but once they get old enough routines etc help set boundaries and rules, it also helps them feel safe.

You are such a great caring person, there is no doubt about it, youve been through alot lately for sure.

The only thing you can do with teething is give a bit of gripe water and tylenol, and give them those frozen teething rings etc... im sure you do this already.

She has been alot happier since yesterday. She even fell asleep without me in the room earlier :rofl:

glad to hear she has been better!

You've mentioned she isn't sleeping well. She could just be a little grumpy because she isn't getting a decent nights sleep. When Sean sleeps really well, he wakes up giggling and happy, but if he has a rough night, the next day is normally hell.

I hope things get easier!

She is being a little angel lately, apart from bedtime, but that's it. I am feeling so much happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->