How do you say yours?? Just a bit of fun.

I say;
Scon
Crumpet
Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cuppa
and we say Batch here so couldnt vote on that one :D

Pfft, it's not roll, cob, barm cake or a bloody batch ... it's a Teacake!!!! :D

Scon, Crumpet, Breakfast lunch and dinner, roll, cuppa

i'm from kent but live in cornwall

Come to think of it we also call them rolls - and a cuppa :D

Scone
Crumpet
Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Roll
Cuppa

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Scon
Pikelet
Breakfast, Dinner, Tea
Cuppa (means tea or coffee)
Bread bun (it's a butty if you're having bacon or chips in it)
Teacake to me is a sweet bread bun with currents in

One that hasn't been mentioned - bacon olives (aka pigs in blankets, little sausages wrapped in bacon)

Scon
Pikelet is like a little mini sweet pancake here, is it over there?
Brekky, lunch, and tea :thumbup:
Putting the jug on (cuppa)
I don't know what a bap or any of that other stuff is?? Does it mean a savoury roll? If so we'd just call it a roll or bun :)

I think we would call pigs in blankets just that, but they aren't common around my area.

scone, piklet, BREADCAKE (not bap roll etc etc lol), breakfast dinner tea, cuppa,

i love this argument we have it all the time cos my step dad is a geordie and cums out with allsorts its not just food related either we go for hurs and its soo funny and entertaining lol

I find all the UK terms so weird sometimes :haha: I still have no idea what a bap is, here you can use 'baps' as slang for 'boobs' so I just imagine a boob-shaped roll if someone says bap and means roll :blush:

I find all the UK terms so weird sometimes :haha: I still have no idea what a bap is, here you can use 'baps' as slang for 'boobs' so I just imagine a boob-shaped roll if someone says bap and means roll :blush:

Haha! 'Baps' can mean boobs around here.

Just remembered 'stottie' for a bread bun as well.

this is a funny thread!! I tried to order 4 crusty cobs in greggs the other week in hertfordshire and the woman didn't have the slightest clue what i wanted!! She said they are 'crusty rolls' I was like whatever luv I have my hot dog on a 'finger roll' I want a cob!! If I was back in the midlands there wouldn't have been any problem!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->