How do you stop obsessing over TTC?! Anyone else?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
It's going to be a long road if I carry on like this-googling, resisting doing a preg test so soon, noticing every twinge and googling googling more! :dohh:

anyone else like this?

Any tips on stopping TTC OCD?! :haha:

YES!! I had a stillbirth 17 months ago, and have gotten pregnant two times since (ended in MC both times) - so I'm constantly reading and googling about TTC's, cycles, periods, OV's, lack of OV's and what not.

I feel like I'm putting my life on hold waiting for my baby to arrive. On the other hand I'm scared shitless and wonder if I'm even capable of going through a pregnancy with all my worries.

So I don't have any good advice in how to stop this Obsession I'm afraid. Wish I could take a deep breath and just forget about it for a while :(

Another thing... For the past few days I've had jealousy dreams about my fiance. He's not cheating in my dreams, but is always doing stuff that makes me jealous out of my mind.

So - of course, I google "pregnant dreaming about jealousy", to check if this is common for early pregnancies :shrug:

I google everything, all day long. Just as if dreams, bloating stomach, being tired or yeast infections is a better pin-point than a Clear blue test.

Jeez!!

Lulle- sorry for your loss. I understand the anxiety of TTC after MC. On one hand you're desperate to conceive again but on the other hand you're terrified of the "what if's"

What has helped me tone down my obsession is filling my schedule with things that have nothing to do with TTC...shopping, redecorating, cleaning, learning new recipes, etc. I also limit the amount of time I google and post on forums to twice a day (in the morning and before I go to bed). I'm loosely tracking my cycle this month (not using OPKs or temping, just checking CM). And I'm refusing to take any supplements until we've been trying for at least 6 cycle (this is cycle #3). I know these things take time and stressing out about them is not going to help

YES!! I had a stillbirth 17 months ago, and have gotten pregnant two times since (ended in MC both times) - so I'm constantly reading and googling about TTC's, cycles, periods, OV's, lack of OV's and what not.

I feel like I'm putting my life on hold waiting for my baby to arrive. On the other hand I'm scared shitless and wonder if I'm even capable of going through a pregnancy with all my worries.

So I don't have any good advice in how to stop this Obsession I'm afraid. Wish I could take a deep breath and just forget about it for a while :(

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss lovely :hugs:

I had a second trimester loss 4 years ago this week, and I think it's making me more OCD and on edge. It does make TTC more stressful.

We need to keep busy ladies!

I had a second trimester loss 4 years ago this week, and I think it's making me more OCD and on edge. It does make TTC more stressful.

I know. Desperately searching for a job too, but the market is pretty depressing right now. So what do I do? Google.

If I don't get a job in the near future, I should get another Obsession.

And I became a member of B&B two days ago. 43 posts this far. Wish we had the same timezone (but I would probably just be more active on the forum) :)

I try to remember that this is only a short period of time in the grand scheme of things. So I'm putting extra effort into the things that make me happy like getting outdoors, writing, working on the house etc.

And I try to remember that it won't happen until it happens and there are only a handful of things I can actually control. After that it's about having faith that it will happen (and understanding that if it doesn't life will go on).

I know. Desperately searching for a job too, but the market is pretty depressing right now. So what do I do? Google.

If I don't get a job in the near future, I should get another Obsession.

And I became a member of B&B two days ago. 43 posts this far. Wish we had the same timezone (but I would probably just be more active on the forum) :)

Good luck finding a job honey, something will come along soon.

I should be doing other stiff than bnb and google too :blush: lol

We have only been TTC for 2 months but I'm in the same boat. I got pregnant on our honeymoon, we were NTNP but were thrilled. It ended in a MC a few weeks after I found out, however. So I completely understand the anxiety. I've been looking into doing yoga or something to try to reduce the stress. I'm worried that the anxiety from TTC is going to actually hurt my chances of being able to conceive. It definitely does feel like it's consumed my entire life, though.

For me i had to learn to accept the things that I cannot change. Like i cannot change the 2ww and I cannot my cycles to come when I want and how I want.

Oh hell yes I am right with you on that one. Because it'll be my partners first baby it feels different.

I'm ttc 2,
I'm stressing out about my injections. Will they work again 1st time??

I've just learnt to keep an opened mind and that it will happen when it's time!!!!

Still frustrating......

I think getting pregnant might help me! But can't think of anything else. So hope I hurry up with the getting pregnant thing!

I'm focusing on losing weight, so putting TTC on hold and moreso not trying not preventing. It's honestly very hard to just magically stop obsessing about it when it's something you want very badly.

First of all lulle I totally get your comment about ttc putting your life on hold. Dieting was especially hard for me because I was on a low carb diet and whenever I fell pregnant (many losses) I would go off and things didn't work out so I ate for comfort...you get the idea lol. Planning trips revolved around when O would happen and I found myself packing opks and pregnancy test haha!

I would like to say not to google but honestly that is what lead me to b&b and then in part to the solutions that finally got my bfp. Over 3 years ago I found myself googling for answers about my erratic cycles and inability to conceive after ttc for so long and was lead to this forum over and over. I refrained from joining because my job was so hectic and life was crazy but I gleaned information that was priceless.

I started charting based on strong advice from ladies on here having trouble figuring out when they were O'ing which lead me to figure out I wasn't ovulating at all sometimes! I also discovered I had an 8 day luteal phase which if left as was would have probably kept us from ever conceiving successfully. I then got a lot of suggestions to take a product with agnus castus and vitamin b-100 which regulated my cycles and I was O'ing normally and every month yay! TTC was an obsession but I think a worthwhile one if you have to have one lol.

All I can say is sort of restating a previous comment that trying to balance ttc with other activities is a good way to refresh the mind and soul from time to time. A good outdoor day with fresh air, vacations or visits with family, hobbies, and of course a few nights out with the girls all kept me sane between 2ww and ovulations. That being said I think focusing on ttc is what worked for me and I would have never got pregnant had I taken the "it will happen when it happens approach".

Good luck to you all and may the bfp fairy visit soon!:flower:

Oh my lanta! I'm trying for my first and I'm driving myself crazy! I don't know how to relax. I've always had a fear of not being able to conceive. I feel like the only way to know there are no issues are to get pregnant.
I'm surrounded by my best friends who are pregnant or have just had a baby.....it's hard and they got pregnant easily.
We've been TTC for 3 months and I feel like each month my anxiety about it is getting worse. Right now I'm in the two week wait and I feel like I'm getting down already bc I have no symptoms just normal symptoms. Ugh. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->